Author Topic: Update #5  (Read 7065 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Update #5
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:57:51 PM »
It's been a week or so since the last update and things are coming together.

Most of the week was spent building the roof and making it function. It needed to be widened, lengthend and made to attach to a factory VW vert header bow. I spent a long time working on making the roof fold up inside the body and have enough room for a small back seat.

The first pic is of the parts I made to attach the header bow to the frame. cutting,grinding, fitting, drilling tapping and some poor welds later.  

In the second photo you can see the area that was lengthend, It also has a pivot point to allow the roof to "Hide away" under the body. The catches for the roof are from another European import and work very well.

Next I started work on the rear "crotch coolers" These will duct cool air to the engine compartment. The heb has no louvers on the eng lid and only a few above the lid for cooling. With this being more of a Hot Rod style heb I thought a set of period crotch coolers would do the trick.

The crotch coolers are now controlled by the heater levers beside the e brake.

Now that the car is a vert it needs the door alignment wedges. This is the part before instalation.

Next was to start on the top of the rear 1/4. Once again I used a factory vert part to keep it looking stock. also you can see the wedge is now welded in place.

And the last pic of the update is the cold air pipes, these will run from a box around the crotch cooler to the eng compartment. One uses the heater tube and the other runs along the firewall.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:33:46 PM by jason_hamilton »