Author Topic: AVR Feedback  (Read 5947 times)

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
AVR Feedback
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
I know we don't have a feedback forum here, so 'scuze the interruption.

After 4 years of business it's high time I post something here to thank the guys over at AVR Import Specialties. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the guys, and they're constantly going above and beyond. Let's be honest, living in Squamish doesn't exactly make AVR my "local" supplier, but after the first year of working with both local parts suppliers, AVR won my business hands down. Good advice, great service, and even incredible return service on the one or two items that didn't work out for me. Heck, they've even offered to bring some parts in just so I could "see them" and decide if it's what I wanted to run or not.

I've avoided posting this for quite some time, as the guys at AVR have become great friends along the way. But they definitely deserve some recognition for all the great service they have (and continue) to provide me.

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline DarrenE

Re: AVR Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
 PDT_Armataz_01_37  Well said Dave.
Kootenay Volkswagen Society

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
thanks Dave.

In my opinion it is  matter of Location as you stated. They can get any parts we may need (just as well as the competition) and they do have a place where some people may get some work by them and pay for it.

They are allready open on saturdays and that should allow people to get their parts

The problem is hard times and it is hard to sell quality parts as well as whole cars, regardless of how much money you have on it and what you are asking for.

Boy i am full of opinions..... ::)

Offline ray

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
Okay my turn now. Let's say Sat 4pm I needed a fuel pump . Going from Vancouver to Abby before they close isn't going to work . Called Dave gave him my visa number and the part was left in a secret place after they closed . CIP was my old standby for parts , however they seem like a bit of a hassle. Big thumbs up to AVR , yeah the bbq's before mission rock also.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:42 PM »
a few reasons why avr has made a big impression on me...is their honesty, enthusiasm, and involvement in the scene. that's not to say that the other companies out there dont have those attributes...but imho...the guys and girls at avr have it in spades!!

like dave & ray have said...i aswell have found them all to be very helpfull and often go above and beyond the call of duty when parts are needed.

also...they have and continue to host open houses and bbqs at the shop on the fridays before the street legals during the gcvws and they even opened up the bbqs and fed the masses for a little cruise i organised once. they have been avid supporters and sponsors of the Stock Motor Challenge for 3 years and sponsors of the DVKK Strip Show too! they also enjoy building & driving their cars and have participated in the both Spring Thaw events aswell as last years SMC.

one of the things i really dig about avr (and it seems like it's a dying breed in our little industry)...is that you can still walk into the showroom and look at and feel the parts that they have on display. and then pull up a stool at the counter and have a chat or browse a mag...and if you ask nicely you might even get to check out the back of the shop to see if there is anything cool on the hoist or to see what art is building/making. ;)

it's that welcoming, open door, friendly parts/speed shop atmosphere and vibe that really sets it off!!

good job guys! keep it up! :cool:

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 09:37:11 AM »
I REALLY like the face to face service.  If you need to line a part up to see if it matches.. you can!  I like to see something I'm going to buy when I can. A few times I've ordered things a elsewhere online and the stock photo looks nothing like it, or the part was substituted.
 And yes.. though the location is a little farther out there.. AVR has still saved my but for last minute things also. Saturdays are the bonus!

Offline RAD356RS

• Rick
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »
This is a good topic Dave.  It serves to remind us of something so easy to overlook, saying thanks.
Thanks to AVR for what they do to for all of us.  It is more than just parts, it's people... good people!
As mentioned, they are like a Speed Shop of earlier times where a guy can stop in for parts or just to chat about what we all dig.
The impersonal megastores make AVR a standout and I'm happy to have them here in the valley.

Rick
1985 Vanagon DOKA Diesel
1988 BMW 635 CSi

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
i was there one time with my son and he asked about the little vw buses that were sitting in a bowl so the guy at the counter handed him one and my son loved it, so i asked him how much?.. he said "nothin, it's on us" ,.. you don't see or hear about stuff like that anymore.

good guy's, good shop.   You_Rock_Emoticon

"only dead fish swim with the stream"