Author Topic: Vw In Snow  (Read 1198 times)

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Vw In Snow
« on: January 06, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »
for those who drive there aircooled daily how does it ridce in the snow and any close calls.
to day i was driving and man those buses really get traction. parkin lots are my only down fallin that thing on teh road it goes where i want it to. so whats i your story?
matt street :rockon:  :mullet:  
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline Chris

• Car.
Vw In Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 07:24:27 PM »
It's all about 2nd Gear! I have had no problems commuting from langley to burnaby! Bus's are the way to go!  

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

Vw In Snow
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 08:46:20 PM »
i drive a super beetle, it goes good in the snow, but the brakes really suck, like suck a lot, i snapped the e brake cable last week trying to stop for a yellowlight, i went right through the intersection and almost hit a newer sedan, cant remember what kinda car it was. so besides the brakes my car is pretty good in the snow, ohh and sometimes when i do donuts and that fun stuff the car likes to push the front wheels straight, hahaha

dont forget to get sidewayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz everywhere!!!!  :rockon:  

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Vw In Snow
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 02:01:01 AM »
i like going side way but teh worry is always breaking stuff or  soem tiesm snow fun can turn in to body head ache later but hey i shouldn't think so negitive. it was super ice which really sucked in vision department, and having no heat or defrost don't help
matt street :rockon:  :mullet:  
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Vw In Snow
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:04:01 AM »
I drive my 69 Ghia from Langley to Vancouver everyday and it's pretty good in the snow. I did slide into a rural mailbox coming home down a steep side street in Langley the first night it snowed this year, but not hard enough to hurt anything because I was going about walking pace. My heater works great, so vision's never an issue.
Jason Hamilton