Author Topic: Cross Bar Linkage  (Read 1177 times)

Offline josh

Cross Bar Linkage
« on: February 03, 2006, 10:35:43 AM »
I finally had some time to work on my car the other night and am trying to fine tune the carb linkage. It's the half assed hex bar stuff that comes with the weber 44 idf empi kit.
 Really never been happy with the way the carbs were tuned I think passenger side leads the other, they are synced at idle but I have come to the conclusion that at wide open the one carb is about 1/4-3/8\" off the throttle stop. I have tried all the different adjustments and combinations of holes for the \"himes\"? ends but nothing will make it right.
The cad plated gold levers (or parts that attach the rods to the throttle shafts) that are on the fire wall side seem to be a mirror image of each other, where as the silver ones I am hooked to have holes drilled in different locations in respect to the distance from the shaft. Is this my problem?
Tried to switch to the gold ones arms don't line up with the idle stop screw. Do I have the carbs on the wrong sides?

Thanks for any help
josh
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline steiner

Cross Bar Linkage
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
Buy a new linkage! Mine sucked as well! It kept adjusting itself! Bending and tweeking!
1964 21 bus

Offline Klaatu

• http://www.airspeedparts.com
Cross Bar Linkage
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
We have a couple of nice linkage options for you, just give Jason or Danny a call tomorrow and they can give u some options. Thanks TJ
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 07:57:49 PM by Klaatu »
I can't reach the bottom but I sure bang the sh*t out of the sides....

Offline josh

Cross Bar Linkage
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »
I was planning on buying a decent set, but I think it's the parts that came with the carbs that are giving me grief. Is the CB kit the best?
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2