Author Topic: Ghia window seal  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Richard Kuczko

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Ghia window seal
« on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:22 PM »
I'm putting in a 1960 ghia window seal with the fat Crome ..  And was wondering if anyone knows the order it goes.  I put the window seal around the window. But now I don't think it's possible to put the Crome on since it has that j shape and I can't see a possible way to put it on now...I'm thinking I have to do the chrome on the seal first then put it on the window.  But there is no way.... I want to keep it original looking but hell it is a pain...anyone give me pointers and I would appreciate it.   And so would my fingers!   Thanks
70 tintop kombi.  "Never 4 Sale!!!!"

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Re: Ghia window seal
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
Hey Richard, your doing it right. Put the seal around window and then the chrome pieces in then instal window. Pain in the ass, I know. I usually start in a corner and go from there. Good luck.

Offline Richard Kuczko

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
Ok I will try again in the morning.

Offline DanS

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
Hopefully you have the better quality seals with the "blocked" corners, otherwise it is nearly impossible to fit the chrome back in properly. My only experience is with the later "T" style trim, but the idea is the same. You need the seal on the glass for stability. Good Luck!!

Offline Richard Kuczko

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:19:48 PM »
Weill I did it. Felt like quiting a times but hey not my style....used windex to make the chrome slide a little better, once I got the corners it seemed to go better.   About a hour a a window..   Was think of doing a video when I figured it out but then realized not everyone would like to here me swear and say " you dirty little bleep bleep bleep" on video. Lol. Anyway thanks for the tip on working the corners and keep me on it...