Author Topic: my kaput syncro  (Read 1047 times)

Offline hank

my kaput syncro
« on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »
I had a guy from the states show a lot of interest in my '86 tin top Syncro he sent me a deposit almost a year ago. I have had a couple of emails from him saying that he would be sending more bucks but that didn't happen. On our last conversation he said he was moving, and didn't know if he was going to get after all.
It has been almost a year and I told him that I'd hold it for him till March. After all that time I don't feel that I should refund his deposit.
Any opinions what is proper to do? I've had a few emails from other folks interested in it.
I'm thinking about putting it back up for sale and have a 2.5L Subaru engine for it.
thanks
Hank

Offline AirCooledRules

Re: my kaput syncro
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
A deposit is placed to hold something.

I would tell him he has 30 days to pick up or it's going up forsale, if he's the first guy at your house with cash once it's back up forsale he can buy it otherwise he clearly doesn't intend to purchase.
1960 Volkswagen Beetle

1975 Honda CB125S
1983 Audi UR-Quattro
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1998 Audi A6

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »
I think a year is plenty of time to shit or get off the pot, keep his deposit and move on to the next tirekicker in March, sounds like you have been more than fair holding onto it this long as it is.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline hank

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 06:44:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys
cheers
Hank