Author Topic: 1600cc, Ignition Or Gas Problem  (Read 4425 times)

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

1600cc, Ignition Or Gas Problem
« on: November 10, 2003, 06:57:25 PM »
Hey guyz, I have a 72 super, and the engine is running a little funny, It seems to run ok when its cold, but when it warms up it seems to hesitate and sometimes when i hit the gas it seems like the carb is getting to much gas, and it just stalls and bogs, I've played with the timming and i have the points set right, the points are also new, and when i look at the fuel filter, its always, like 3/4 full, wich is normal so i dont think its getting to much gas, has anyone else had this problem?

any replies greatly appreciated.

Tom

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 09:33:16 PM »
Well i took the carb apart and cleaned it out, and it still does the same thing, The car runs very good, and as soon as the choke opens all the way the car dies, and even if i give it gas it, bogs, and hesitates, man this sux, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. esspecially when i use this vehicle to get to werk.

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 12:09:26 PM »
finally fixed, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 :D  

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 01:04:25 PM »
So tell us what it was? It may help someone else.

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 03:25:35 PM »
Well, I thought it was fixed, My car ran for a day, it kinda ran crappy but it ran, then this morning i went for a spin and it started doing the same thing, It stalls sometimes and it wont fire back up, so I limped it home and took a look at it with my dad, we set the timming perfect and had the points set right, and we tryed to play around with the fuel/air mixture screws and the idle adjust, but we couldnt get it to idle, the only thing i can think of is the vacuum advance is screwed or the carb has something severely wrong with it. I stopped working on it just now cause I just got to frustrated and I'm going to roosters tonight, so I dont wanna smell like gas and exhaust, I don't think girls like that unfotuanatly.

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 04:48:03 PM »
Well I was sitting here thinking and i thought lets try changing the coil, I just finished replacing my newer coil with an old one and it fixed the problem, I dunno why my blue coil was f'd but it was, it's only been on the car for like 8 months, anyways, I'am happy as can be now, roosters will be awsome tonight now that I dont have this on my mind :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:    :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :  and     :mullet:  :mullet:  :mullet:  :mullet:  ::