Author Topic: Where To Get Bumpers Rechromed...is It Worth It?  (Read 2065 times)

Stephan Schmidt

Where To Get Bumpers Rechromed...is It Worth It?
« on: July 31, 2003, 11:21:34 PM »
I need to rechrome some german bumpers.  they are a little rusty, and would need to be blasted  or sanded too.  Where can I get this done?  how much?

or is it worth it to just get new bumpers?

these are for a 67 with collector plate status.

thanks, stephan

Russ

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 02:32:19 PM »
wolfsburg west makes some really nice repro's i'm sure airspeed could bring them in.
if they are truely 67 only bumpers then it might be better to rechrome.
as for plating shops i think modern is the only place that does bumpers,other shops may do the some of the work but i believe that most end up at modern.
good luck russ

Matt

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 05:18:36 PM »
Are the staff at modern still on strike??? I know the owners and management team were doing all the work for a while. I have also heard of Pacific plating, don't know their quality as I have only seen their truck ripping around my old neighborhood.

Matt

Russ

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 04:40:17 PM »
i,m not sure if they still are on strike or not but i did see one of moderns trucks running around today???
a phone call would solve the issue i'm sure

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 02:12:04 PM »
Steveston Collision sent mine to Pacific Plating for rechroming and they look great (nicest thing on the car). Only problem is they did'nt know what undamaged Ghia bumpers look like and put a curve in the rear towel bar to match the front(!).
Jason Hamilton