Author Topic: SOLD Oval front brakes  (Read 863 times)

Offline dale-j

• Steve
SOLD Oval front brakes
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:08:47 PM »
Set of OG oval window front brakes from a 57 that I picked up before I realized that the lip and pad width was different from what I needed for my 63.
They are original German VW stamped drums and while they have rust on them, they have no grooves or wear apparent at all, and measure 0.5mm tighter than the original specs - probably the rust LOL.  That said, they look like they'd clean up with some garnet paper on the inside without turning them, to 'as new' tolerances.
Original German FAG ball bearings and races in excellent condition
Backing plates (for early 2 bolt wheel cylinders), adjuster screws, brass stars, dust caps jam nuts and washers, and early german wheel cylinders that might be rebuildable too. 

Looking to trade for later German drums and brake parts to fit 58-65, in good to excellent shape.  I don't mind cleaning them up, derusting and painting but there should be lots of wear left in them... or make me an offer, cash will move them out of my garage too.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:04:26 PM by dale-j »
0-60 in...umm...can I call you back?

Offline dale-j

• Steve
Re: Oval front brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »
Bought new parts for my car, so not looking to trade now.
These are available again from CIP (not VW, but German) at the low low price of $214.00 a side.

Bring me $100 and take both sides, backing plates bearings and hardware included.

Offline dale-j

• Steve
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
Pending to Brian Waz

Offline dale-j

• Steve
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
SOLD, thanks Joe.