Author Topic: 100 Mph Club  (Read 11163 times)

Offline James Buchan

100 Mph Club
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2004, 04:20:47 PM »
You have to excuse some AHEM people around here - to much BC BUD!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
100 Mph Club
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2004, 04:41:28 PM »
I'm all for the tailwind and prairie dog/leaves theory.  Once again, there is nothing on the website about prairie dogs/leaves and tailwinds voiding the 100 mph club.

I think the bigger mystery here is why you BC boys can't all play nicely in the sandbox.  I only wanted to know if I got a sticker...not to be involved in your turf war...does the phrase innocent bystander mean anything to you guys?

Anything at all?

Bueller?

Make luv with the dubs...
Just remember You started this !!!! Damn Albertians and thier Winnabego's... [_[  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

CHEECH

100 Mph Club
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2004, 04:44:50 PM »
mmmmmmm BC BUD mmmmmmmmmm.  What was the topic :wacko:  

Offline flat4

100 Mph Club
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2004, 07:38:50 PM »
Hey...I may have started the thread...but you guys digressed...Besides...I'm a transplanted Albertan from the Center of the Universe...you know...the Mecca...the T.O....

Aw shucks...I blame those mad cow burgers...
Water is for ducks
Reservoir Dubs/Der Kleiner Rennwagens
1970 No Skool Looker Beetle 13.040@101.25 MPH
1969 Retro 80's Beetle Drag Machine 12.841@104.61 MPH
1975 Super Phat Chick
Sand Rail Project

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
100 Mph Club
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2004, 07:42:31 PM »
you know...the Mecca...the T.O....

:rolleyes:

dont you mean T.P.? ;)  

Offline Scratchy

• http://scratchy.kicks-ass.net
100 Mph Club
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2004, 08:02:48 PM »
How is it that a DVKK car is so prominently displayed as the very first car on the DGLVK web site photo gallery?

what rock did you just climb out from under? ;)  (thats my new catch phrase)

thats shanes car. he's a dglvk member.
I saw his DVKK 100MPH sticker/avatar, so assumed he was in some way affiliated with the DVKK. Why would a DGLVK'r put a rival gang....er I mean club's sticker/logo on their car/avatar? Is there no loyalty anymore?

And for those of you that missed the \"hidden\" link (this stupid board does not know how to mark up a link properly) here is the definition:

\"All show and no go\"

Pros
Looks great, wide slots.

Cons
Very slow, doesn't toast evenly.

The Bottom Line
Don't waste your time and money on this DeLonghi toaster. It looks great but it simply doesn't make good toast.

Full Review
I bought the Delonghi RT200 from Sears (Canada) because our Toastmaster toaster finally packed it in after 51 years of service.

Frankly, I was attracted by the \"retro\" look of the Delonghi and the features. It has a great brushed aluminum finish and push buttons for bagel, defrost and cancel (pop-up). Inside the slots are guides which ensure the toast or bagel is always centered about the elements. The lever has a great feature: when the toast is popped up, you can push the lever up a little more from its detente position so to further lift the toast from the slots. This is great if you have a small piece of toast or a jam-up.

Unfortunately, this toaster fails in its most basic objective: it simply doesn't toast properly. What you get (if you want your toast light to medium) is striped toast. Also, the bottom inch of the bread doesn't seem to be toasted at all. If you're using a heavier brown or whole-grain bread (or bagels), you can't get it toasted enough (even when using the toaster on full scale).

Furthermore, the toaster is very very slow.  The defrost options doesn't seem to work either: if you put a frozen piece of bread in on defrost at the lowest setting, the bread will toast (not thaw).

After two weeks I took the toaster back to Sears. The salesclerk said that almost all of these Delonghi toasters have been returned by customers with similar complaints.
I bought a Kitchenaid which doesn't look as nice and is about $25 more than the Delonghi; but at least it toasts bread.

:lol:  :lol:  (that's my attempt at humour).  :lol:  :lol:

So Shane, do you think it's still too quiet on this forum?
http://forums.airspeedparts.com/index.php?...t=ST&f=4&t=2845

I'm trying to make it a little livelier for you...  :D  :D

-= Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room! =-

Offline Trevor P

100 Mph Club
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2004, 08:21:45 PM »
you know...the Mecca...the T.O....

:rolleyes:

dont you mean T.P.? ;)
Hey I'm flattered and all,...but I'm not the centre of the universe! :lol:

Oh boy,...has this post ever gotten off topic! :D  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 08:22:49 PM by Trevor P »
'53 Barndoor single cab
'57 Cal-look oval 2332cc / Berg 5
'70 911T

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
100 Mph Club
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2004, 09:19:02 PM »
There is no topic.....EVER!!!
Scratchy, as for sporting the DVKK 100 MPH logo sticker, They are the \"Senior\" Club around here and they have always had this 100 MPH sticker and they give it out to anyone who has achieved this. any ways Blah Blah Blah.... Long story short....

DGLVK all about the LOVE.. we have no rivals,,,, and we have no competition. :lol:

1 Hug for you!!!! :wub:

as for the forum....*I am always in shit!!! Jimmy and Geoff just cringe when I walk into the shop!!!

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
100 Mph Club
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2004, 10:14:45 PM »
i think we should re-name the airspeed bus the Delonghi RT200 :P