Author Topic: Good Machine Shop?  (Read 1777 times)

Offline 356tub

Good Machine Shop?
« on: March 30, 2004, 08:00:35 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a 'competent' machine shop in the lower mainland. I'm trying to rebuild a couple of Porsche 356 (4 cyl. air-cooled) engines and need to have the cases resurfaced and possibly linebored. The cranks magnafluxed, ground (if necessary), balanced, polished, etc. I would greatly appreciate any leads.

Thanx

Offline Bruce

Good Machine Shop?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 11:24:30 PM »
Hi Performance Engines in Burnaby near Lougheed and Willingdon can do general automotive machining.  They may be able to grind your crank.  They can balance it and polish the journals.

\"need to have the cases resurfaced \"

If by this you want the case halves machined down the part line, you can't do it.

I doubt you will be able to find anyone in Vancouver that can alignbore a 356 engine.  You may have to send it to Calif.  Rimco can do it.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Good Machine Shop?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 05:57:57 PM »
I've never used him but what about Ed at the Bug shop??? Is he still around? Don't know about what kind of work they do but I have heard of CASH deals
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline captCRUNCH

• http://
Good Machine Shop?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 09:33:49 PM »
you could also contact surrey bow wow and talk to Brad (their machinest).

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Good Machine Shop?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 02:31:03 PM »
i'm kicking myself that i didn't go to hi performance in burnaby. i've heard good stuff about them. i ended up at bow-wow, and they did good work but i got hosed because i'm a girl.  [_[  
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline Bruce

Good Machine Shop?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 11:13:12 PM »
What happened Moni?  Let's have the story.