Author Topic: Oct 14 03  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Oct 14 03
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:40:35 PM »
This update has the start of the body work, The first shot shows Matt from AutoMattic Autobody.
Matt came by to take a look at the bus and see how things were coming, Before i knew it he was hard at work repairing  some of the dings and dents on the slider.

Next is the rear deck lid,  With the installation of the 2.7 911 motor i needed to have a source for fresh air to the fan. This was solved by using a set of factory louvers from a late 68-79 van. I cut a section of louvers aprox 11' in length that will be covered by the lic plate. The plate will have a stand off to allow air to be drawn in but keep apearance of a stock engine lid.

First pic shows the two before,

here the two have been cut and welded together

And the last shows the deck lid back on the bus with a small amount of filler added.

The front of the bus will be getting it's brake upgrade in a few weeks as i have ordered a set of droped spindles from Franklins VW werks (we will soon carry some of Franklins products for all buses).
 I will be adding a set of 944 front brakes for better stopping power.  See pic of Franklins Bay window brake kit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 02:25:33 PM by Gkafer »