Author Topic: FS 65-66 passenger door original paint (?) L41 Black or trade for 1960-63  (Read 609 times)

Offline dale-j

• Steve
Picked up a really nice original 65-66 Passenger door in what looks like original L41 black a couple years back.  Very (very) minimal rust, very cool patina on the top from what looks like an arm out the window, and complete with everything but the door panel.

Unfortunately, it was described as fitting 58-67 (many things do, but the doors don't) and I wasn't thinking at the time.  Body lines are perfect on my car (yes, I installed it before I realized the glass was bigger post-64), hinges are tight and solid, no buckling at the hinges from opening too far, and it opens and closes just like it should.  It has a few scrapes and scratches, and a tiny bit of thinning metal on the inside at the front and rear lower corners, but would clean up with a bit of care to be an awesome patina piece without needing to weld anything.

I'd like to trade it for a 60-64 door (smaller window than the 65-66, with square push button door handle) in similar shape - does not need to be as complete, but at minimum an original solid shell and not cut out for one piece windows.    Not looking for welding projects, that's how I wrecked the panel alignment of the one I have on my car.

I'll also consider trading for cash ;)

0-60 in...umm...can I call you back?

Offline dale-j

• Steve
Re: FS 65-66 passenger door original paint (?) L41 Black or trade for 1960-63
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »
Found a door so not looking to trade now.
$100 or come see it, and make me an offer.

Steve
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:25:36 PM by dale-j »
0-60 in...umm...can I call you back?