Author Topic: sandrail wheelhop  (Read 2742 times)

Offline jeff450x

sandrail wheelhop
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »
Ive got a sandrail with a swingaxle and reduction boxes mounted upright to give me more clearance but this gives me harsh wheelhop. is there anyway to prevent this? Any help would be great.

Offline buggy1

Re: sandrail wheelhop
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
trade me that motor for my old one on the bench and I,m sure that the wheel hop problem will go away.
Andy
'65 buggy
'58 baja in progress
Sunset Buggy Club

Offline pittwagen

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
What you are looking for is a "no hop kit".  Don't know if there are any around these parts but the most well known kit was made by John Johnson in the US.  The kit is at least a couple of decades out of production.  Check the Samba - query "no hop kit" on the off road forum.

Here's one to get you started:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=421262&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hop+kit

I've tried both the RGB setup in a full body sedan and the IRS bus in a buggy.  The wheel hop would likely be more pronounced with the lighter weight of the buggy.  The guy who started the thread noted above said he was going to post some dimensions/specs etc. 

If all the specs were available there are probably several of us on the forum who could duplicate it.  Might be fun.  I do prefer the IRS though.

Offline jeff450x

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »
trade me that motor for my old one on the bench and I,m sure that the wheel hop problem will go away.
Andy

sure but you have to throw in that pertty baja lol_hitting