Author Topic: Kafer Kraft Christmas Lights Cruise Wed Dec 22, 04  (Read 16978 times)

Offline Needles

• http://
Kafer Kraft Christmas Lights Cruise Wed Dec 22, 04
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2004, 12:14:05 AM »

Please gas up before the event!

... :blink:  

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2004, 07:33:14 AM »

obviously not a problem for Ian, he's already full of it!  

Offline Needles

• http://
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2004, 08:07:04 AM »

obviously not a problem for Ian, he's already full of it!
its that age thing... the next thing will be 'denying' that it was me that cut the cheese... ;)  

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2004, 08:36:14 AM »
Thank for the cruise guys and gals. I made most of the cruise but pulled off near the end for some dinner.
It was a good route with lots to see!
Thanks again.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2004, 10:58:31 AM »
The DGLDVKK Bailing again.... :huh:  Man an I ever glad that I did not make it home on time to catch the bus... I would have felt horrible that they did that <_<  Mind you I am sure Grandma's Eggnog would have taken all the guilt out!! :lol:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline volksbug

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2004, 11:19:23 AM »
What a bunch of whimps cutting out of the cruise!! >:(      Marcel

Offline Hoosier Daddy

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2004, 11:45:21 AM »
I feel bad, Chris was driving and I didn't have a say in the matter....

Offline Geoff

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2004, 12:16:18 PM »
Hahhahaha, you guys are so funny.
I seem to remember the phone call from the bus asking me where a pub was to get some food.
Anyway at least I can admit we went for food.

Offline volksbug

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2004, 12:45:38 PM »
Sure makes it difficult to support someone's business when they can't stick to a simple cruise  Marcel

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2004, 01:06:54 PM »
:blink:  :!:  

Offline Geoff

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2004, 01:33:40 PM »
{ Sure makes it difficult to support someone's business when they can't stick to a simple cruise Marcel}

Hmmm, Seems to me I came to the event to support it, Unlike all the others who didnt even bother to try.

I never said to anyone I could stay for the entire cruise. In fact I came straight from work to try and catch part of it, No dinner and seven neices and nephews to shop for I'm luckey i was able to enjoy part of it.

As for supporting My business, I didnt see anyone from Bow Wow there? No one from CIP?  I know they all had flyers. Hmm seems I made a honest effort, Maybe you were meaning Chris Business? "Telus" but I dont think so but maybe it was Shanes?

When Aircooled Angel asked If I needed a map I said "I'm just following for a bit" How Honest is that!!!!!

Even Ian showed up but left before the cruise, Guess thats makes him more of a bad person than me

In any event "I" came out not Airspeed and I supported it in my store by posting the flyer and hosting it on our website just like I do for all the Kafer kraft cruises, DGLVK and others. Hell I even have a Kafer Kraft link on my homepage.

Sometimes you just cant win!

Thanks to Aircooled Angel and Kirin for putting on a nice event. :(  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 01:43:06 PM by Gkafer »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2004, 02:28:31 PM »
Hahhahaha, you guys are so funny.
I seem to remember the phone call from the bus asking me where a pub was to get some food.
Anyway at least I can admit we went for food.
well seems to me this is all 76 bus's fault.... You know I always knew he was like that , I could see it in his eyes... something about those eyes....hmmmmmmmmmm <_<  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2004, 02:34:35 PM »
{ Sure makes it difficult to support someone's business when they can't stick to a simple cruise Marcel}

Hmmm, Seems to me I came to the event to support it, Unlike all the others who didnt even bother to try.

I never said to anyone I could stay for the entire cruise. In fact I came straight from work to try and catch part of it, No dinner and seven neices and nephews to shop for I'm luckey i was able to enjoy part of it.

As for supporting My business, I didnt see anyone from Bow Wow there? No one from CIP?  I know they all had flyers. Hmm seems I made a honest effort, Maybe you were meaning Chris Business? "Telus" but I dont think so but maybe it was Shanes?

When Aircooled Angel asked If I needed a map I said "I'm just following for a bit" How Honest is that!!!!!

Even Ian showed up but left before the cruise, Guess thats makes him more of a bad person than me

In any event "I" came out not Airspeed and I supported it in my store by posting the flyer and hosting it on our website just like I do for all the Kafer kraft cruises, DGLVK and others. Hell I even have a Kafer Kraft link on my homepage.

Sometimes you just cant win!

Thanks to Aircooled Angel and Kirin for putting on a nice event. :(
You guys need to be easy on Geoff.... I must say.... Geoff is a Volkswagen supporter through and through... I bet he would even bleed aircooled blood just like Marcel, Hans etc. There are not too many true Hardcore Aircooled guys around. I was only playin around and did not mean for this to turn this way. Hell I even slammed my own club...A Wednesday night 3 days till Christmas, I think 1 car would have been a great turn out...

Geoff supports everything aircooled...not fair to get his business involved in this.. I sure hope because I was not there that you would not buy your portable buildngs else where??? :lol:  :lol:

Merry Christmas Geoff.... You truly are a one of a kind... :wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Hoosier Daddy

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2004, 02:49:36 PM »
Sure makes it difficult to support someone's business when they can't stick to a simple cruise  Marcel
That's a f*cked up comment Marcel....Don't worry Geoff I'll make up the difference.  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2004, 03:14:11 PM »
well said my redneck friend who carries a gun!!!
and drinks Granny's 200yr old eggnog

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Geoff

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2004, 03:41:20 PM »
Thanks Guys, Sorry to rant before but I kinda feel that was a personel attack on our (Jim and Myself) Hard work in building this business. We try and support everything VW related (free swap meets, car shows, Open house with free food, free breakfasts car cruises, open forums and the list go's on) but you cant be everywhere and you cant stay all the time. If it was a week before xmas I'm sure more people would have had the time to attend and stay.

like I said before I had a great time  until reading this.

Lets hear what everyone else thinks?

CHEECH

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2004, 03:47:21 PM »
Yeah your right PB. I think I any of us were in a jam for parts I`m pretty sure Geoff would help out. All kidding aside the shop is his livelyhood and he`s made a good go of it. To dis Airspeed is BS even if Geoff does drive a PINK Bug.

Shawn

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2004, 03:54:06 PM »
i decided to dress up in my favourite x-mas attire and come in here to cheer everyone up.

MERRRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE.

if anyone knows where i can get some "support" for my "business", i'm a 3A. :lol:

all kidding aside, as far as i am concerned, geoff & jim & airspeed do as much as possible and more than anyone else for the acvw community here in the lower mainland. their knowledge, encouragement, expertise and enthusiasm is always apparent at any event. they are truly dedicated to the hobby and their business and i think they are constantly proving that with their actions.

i can only hope that marcels comment was a joke.  

CHEECH

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2004, 03:55:19 PM »
This Marcel :mullet: ?

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2004, 04:05:14 PM »
i decided to dress up in my favourite x-mas attire and come in here to cheer everyone up.

MERRRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE.

if anyone knows where i can get some "support" for my "business", i'm a 3A. :lol:

all kidding aside, as far as i am concerned, geoff & jim & airspeed do as much as possible and more than anyone else for the acvw community here in the lower mainland. their knowledge, encouragement, expertise and enthusiasm is always apparent at any event. they are truly dedicated to the hobby and their business and i think they are constantly proving that with their actions.

i can only hope that marcels comment was a joke.
This picture is very disturbing!! Now Im offended! Sorry I couldnt make the cruise either, But I think Geoff is right. It should have been well before Christmas. Too much going on at this time of year. Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful X-Mas.

Offline silas

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2004, 04:09:48 PM »
Sure makes it difficult to support someone's business when they can't stick to a simple cruise  Marcel
this guy.

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2004, 04:41:11 PM »
That's a f*cked up comment Marcel
i second that big time. what a sh!tty thing to say.

geoff, through airspeed and dvkk, has done so much for this ACVW community with events, availability of parts, assistance... i think it would be a good idea for everyone on here to remember that he works everyday around VWs, and is so committed to the community that he makes an effort to show up at every event even after busting his ass all day to keep his & jim's small business open. last time i checked, geoff was allowed to have a life
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2004, 06:16:17 PM »
all this and no one has said anything about the people that never bothered to show...............

I got to go, I get hungry after working all day fixing stuff for people.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 06:16:28 PM by 1976BUS »

Offline silas

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2004, 06:23:12 PM »
all this and no one has said anything about the people that never bothered to show...............

i didnt show.

say what ever you want about me.

however, this seems to now be about the comment that volksbug had.

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2004, 06:57:49 PM »

i didnt show.

say what ever you want about me.

however, this seems to now be about the comment that volksbug had.
Yes, hence my comment, bitch about people that do show and nothing about the ones who dont.

Nuff said, still an ignorant thing to say.

Offline Geoff

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2004, 07:15:27 PM »
Oh well lets drop it, I know Marcel fairly well I thought and I hope he didnt mean anythig by it.
It's all in the past now.

Offline kirin

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2004, 07:47:28 PM »
Okay guys lets settle.
I think Marcels comment shouldn't be directed towards airspeed. Geoff and Jim have supported us and I thank them for it. I understand the hunger thing and thats alright it just seemed a little strange and all of a sudden it was like"Wheres Chris and Geoff!??" And then I was looking for tailights and they were simply gone. It wasn't communicated directly to me so I apologize for any misunderstanding I may of have.
For the father's day thing I have to say this and I've said it before. A bunch of our car's "weren't done" which is strangely the same excuse the DGLVK made for not attending our cruise.  Fair enough. The two members of our club that had their cars on the road couldn't enter for the full show. AA came from the island and couldn't spend all day at the show and the other member couldn't. Sometimes other obligations such as shopping and seeing family and simply distance makes it impossible. Which seems to be the reason for not many people coming out last night. Which is okay too. We did show up though so whats the beef? I think its hypocritical to say that we didn't show up and show, but we did have a presence there and came out even from a far for it.  So I simply do not buy and complely disagree with the hypocrisy comment. I myself worked my ass off in till 4:00 in the morning trying to get my 'bert to the show but it wasn't meant to be. I then still came out and supported the show.
So it's one of the situations that its now "He said, she said". Simply I am not upset about last nights events and I understand. So lets in the christmas spirit drop it and if anybody else wants to discuss it via p-mail you know where to find it.
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2004, 07:56:19 PM »
Kirin you are so grown up now... do you shave???

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline kirin

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2004, 08:00:15 PM »
On the hair thing yes.
I think we need to work this out but having a all out screaming flame war won't help it. Maybe we all should get around a camp fire and sing Coombyyaa with silas
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2004, 08:02:48 PM »
So to Hijack this thread... when you selling Bert ti finance your gay 2002
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph