Author Topic: Your welding needs  (Read 3296 times)

Offline doubledoor

Your welding needs
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:16:02 AM »
Shop is up and running. Been out of the vw scene for a number of years but looking to get back into it. Anybody that needs any welding done let me know. Steel-stainless steel-Alu. I can help you out. Floor pans, rockers, sunroof clips, Suspension. Let me know what you need done. Been welding for 19 years.
 In the Langley brookswood area.

Cheers.

49 ford coupe
2002 F350 crew cab long box 6-speed diesel

Offline 604peter

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: Your welding needs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:42:10 PM »
I have a 66 splitty bus.  It's a So-Cal special restored in 2001.  So its not stock anymore.  I'm going to be doing a couple of projects over the coming years.  But, the project I'm thinking of starting is to raise the steering box so it doesn't scrape along the road when the air shocks are lowered.  Yes, this bus has air rider suspension.
I'm looking for a welder who knows how to raise a steering box about 1.5" (without changing the steering linkage).  There are free templates online (the samba).  I may also want the steering shaft shortened, as I'm happy with its height and raising the box will raise the steering wheel.
Any thoughts?  Any experience with this operation?  Any price estimates?  Any references?
Thanks, Peter

Offline doubledoor

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
TTT

49 ford coupe

Offline doubledoor

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
Spring is coming if anyone needs any welding. :)

49 ford coupe

Offline Whitegazelle

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »
Have a 68 bug that is in need of new sheet metal. Have most of the replacement parts.. Need channels, front clip, firewall, rear body support. Seem to be making more hole that welds. Willing to farm out the welding and will take on the finishing if you are interested?