Author Topic: Seaberts Not Getting Spark  (Read 3818 times)

Offline kirin

Seaberts Not Getting Spark
« on: September 05, 2003, 05:01:31 PM »
Hey guys I'm at my wits end now. I can't get seabert to fire. I have replaced the rotor,coil and poiints.. made sure the disty is firing on one. But no spark when I flick the points with the iggy on. I have no idea whats up. If anybody can help me I'm running out of battery on this laptop. Give me a call at 604-306-8151 and help me out.
-Kirin
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Rooodie

• http://www.dglvk.com
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 06:01:16 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only way you can tell if it is getting spark is to hook a spark plug up ground it somewhere then turn the engine over.  A least that's how I check....
DGLVK

West Coast Show Down 2004

Caution objects in my mirror appear to be you!

Offline kirin

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 06:25:54 PM »
Well I tried that also.(have talked to Jeff) I have also swapped condensor but still no vroom vroom. Next I'm going to check to see if i'm getting power to the coil. I'm using a brand new coill... so I guess we will see. I just finished having dinner so I'm going to go out there and give her a go.
-kirin

Offline kirin

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 07:14:29 PM »
Okay. I am getting power to the coil. Enough to make the wire on my test spark and start glowing(no glow in the bulb though I probably made up the test light wrong/badly. So I'm not getting any spark from the coil though when cranking. So is it my condensor?
-kirin