Author Topic: Linkage question...  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Brock Reid

Linkage question...
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »
Can I get opinions about carb linkage....For the Webber/HPMX carbs. The supplied cross-bar linkage or the bell crank style I have seen on a few cars . Is one better than the other or is it solely aesthetics?
Yours truly, Brock

Offline josh

Re: Linkage question...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »
Standard tayco style (hex bar) works ok...usually needs some tweaking to get carbs opening at same rate. Nylon bushings in ends suck and himes joints are cheap.

I just recently set up a motor with 44 IDFs on one of the a CSP bellcrank units....very nice piece, ya it was $180 but super smooth and very nice operation. Only thing was the motor had extremely wide manifolds and I had to make new rods that were an inch longer a side but I think that was strictly due to the odd ball manifolds. 
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline Brock Reid

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
thanks for your feed back!
Yours truly, Brock

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:49:29 AM »
I used the hex-bar included with the HPMX kit for a while. Couldn't get full throttle out of the setup without wacky accelerator cable angles. Linkage developed slop rather quickly as well. Ordered the CSP bellcrank linkage through Rob, and boom. Awesome.

I would recommend ordering the extra return spring they sell as well, but otherwise zero issues. Easy to setup, easy to adjust and (imho), better looking.

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline Brock Reid

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
Thanks Dave for the feedback. I agree with you and will have to upgrade to bell crank when $ allow!
Yours truly, Brock

Offline beetleboy

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »

IMO, I ve tried these plus the bugpack twist linkage.  The GB linkage was so nice and easy to set up...and never gave me any problems.  Was my fave linkage.  smooth and easy!  am currently using the csp linkage and am so far impressed.