Author Topic: Jim Martin  (Read 163588 times)

Matt

Jim Martin
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2004, 08:51:12 PM »
Nice Job Jim!!! That looks really good!

Offline 67kafer

Jim Martin
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2004, 08:55:04 PM »
Thats color looks wicked.Your car is going to be sweet when it's done.Great work :D  

Offline James Buchan

Jim Martin
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2004, 09:07:12 PM »
JIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come over here right now and clean my computer screen - I seem to have made a mess.......

Car looks AMAZING! Do you think you'll have it for GCVW? Need help on assemble?

Offline Chris

• Car.
Jim Martin
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2004, 09:25:41 PM »
After your done that maybe you can stop by and give me a ride in the car! :)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Jim Martin
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2004, 01:18:39 PM »
well towed it home at lunch today,got passed by a black bug with a custom plate' sharky'nice car.
--------thanks for all the positive replies !!!!!!!!!
as far as the show goes ,believe me i'm trying hard i will be there at mission and show with or without  my car.as far as help ,yes i could use alot  but it will have too be during fridays only as my sat/sun are booked for the next month.
it was sure nice too see it out in the light today,should get all my doors and fenders later on this week.
will keep you posted.

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Hansk

Jim Martin
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2004, 01:07:35 PM »
OOOH MY GAWD!! Super nice , Awesome!!   I say ...... You must bring it to the show !!.....finished or not !!
Big fat black fastback

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Jim Martin
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2004, 07:53:42 PM »
HOLY S#!T JIM!!!!!!!!.

the paint looks amazing. it may fool some people into thinking its vw polar silver, but i dig it because it looks a little darker and deeper.

top notch paint job. bing knows his stuff.

i may be able to help you tomorrow after school. i'll call you around 230-3pm.

congrat-u-frikkin-lations!!!!! you must be so stoked!! :rockon:  

Offline Pipes

• http://
Jim Martin
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2004, 08:30:06 PM »
Wow! Soo awesome to see it nearing the last 1/2!  The fun half :D
Trying for low, show & go

1967 Beetle

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Jim Martin
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2004, 05:40:11 PM »
Man  that looks so sick(that is good)  mad props on all your hard work. Good luck with the rest of the assembly
Matt Street
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
Jim Martin
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2004, 08:22:30 PM »
well after the drags on friday and the car show on sunday ,lets say i was pumped to make some headway. motor is back together and  in, as well as every major componet is mounted,plus today i just picked up a new optima battery too boot.if i can just organise the glass man too stop in that will be done with as well.this sucker is almost ready too fire but , carbs need a few upgrades first,looks like its time to do some wiring.thats always fun!!! GETTING CLOSER

since i'm in a sharing mood  as well as talking to many about motor break in theory,here is my prevenative solution/system.i have been using this for over 15 years and i tell you the wear it cuts down on your bearings is dramatic !!no more waiting for 10 sec for oil pressure too build after you fire it up .just hit the switch and say build 20 psi and then fire it up.sytem preprimes pump/filter/block/cooler ,at one time i even wired it too cycle the pump too keep oil pressure for 10 min after shutting it down.that was overkill.if you are interested in this set-up let me know and i will tell you how too make it,easily under $100.00 bucks.

see you on the streets soon.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:46:30 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp

Offline Hansk

Jim Martin
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2004, 06:40:09 AM »
Okay , I'm interested!  
Big fat black fastback

Offline Black-Back

• http://
Jim Martin
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2004, 10:40:30 AM »
HOLY S@#T MAN!!!!!!!! that looks great!!!!!!!is that oil pump some sort off household water pump or something?
Lookin' good!!

Mike
GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline silas

Jim Martin
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2004, 08:27:48 PM »
right on, jim. keep the drive alive. :rockon:  

Offline jim martin

Jim Martin
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2004, 09:07:24 PM »
well its been a few weeks between extra time at work and a busy home life and alot has happend, it took some time but all the windows and trim were assembled and installed.fuel cell was cleaned and installed along with a new mount for it.and now all the wiring is done.which i can tell you was a huge amount of work it has taken over 20 hrs to wire the complete car which included removing completed sections and rerapping with loom tape for a clean look.it also has features never seen on this car before -like a working interior light !!
the car is in a bad spot for pictures but,these photos are from late last week but they will give some idea were i'm at.
windows/lexon is in and wiring is almost done at this point.

fuel cell is in and main harness is rapped in loom tape.just need too tiddy up the main power wires which i left out of the loom for a differant look.window trim looks great.and that cargo are will be free of wiring.

this shot you can see alot is happening up frt.once i get the trim plates over the speedo and head temp gauge and install the radio block off and glove box door and chrome trim pieces the dash will be great.my 2 favorite parts of the dash are the aluminating knobs for line loc and nitros arming ,they are made from late model emergency switches.and the rear mounted tach.took that idea from the hulk , great look.
last night i was up to 1.30 a.m working on it and will continue the late shift after work until its done.so it looks like i'm getting closer.i was at the body shop and all my parts will be ready this friday ,so a few late evenings i should be ready for them.can't wait seams like the tinsil is going on the chrismass tree now.well i better hurry up because i have too make the dglvk's top 10 list before the track closes this year.see you on the streets very very soon.also i'm sorry can't make the sept 19th cruise.ooops my wifes birthday.hey can't remember all the dates.but stranger things have happend.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:48:03 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp

Offline Hansk

Jim Martin
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2004, 09:37:34 PM »
Can't wait to see it !!
Big fat black fastback

Offline James Buchan

Jim Martin
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2004, 09:59:48 PM »
Oct 31st is the cutoff for the top 10 Jim - still got some time weather permitting

Offline silas

Jim Martin
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2004, 11:10:48 PM »
top notch, jim.

the window trim looks great and nos & line-lock button are radical. that dash will light up like a christmas tree at night.

i really wish i had more time on my hands these days so i could come hang out/help/get in the way.

keep it up brotha! :rockon:  

Offline dannyboy

Jim Martin
« Reply #137 on: September 08, 2004, 07:41:35 AM »
dont go too quick! i wanna stay on the top ten this year!

Offline jim martin

Jim Martin
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2004, 04:52:34 PM »
danny looks like i can sqeak in there and you can keep a spot,hell i could snap a axle at the line and not even make 1 pass,hope not.
--well its officiaL as of 4.39 today car is just waiting for fenders and doors,should not be long,everything is in and wired,interior looks great against the body colour,and lets say its hard too not just fire it up and drive it as is.i'm off to toronto for a few days next week and hope to come back to my needed body parts . looks like if the weather holds next weekend it very well could be time to unleash 'THE WOK'
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 05:14:57 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp

Offline silas

Jim Martin
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2004, 05:19:15 PM »
i'll be doin the sunshine dance for you jim.

man, if i'm all giddy and excited, i cant imagine how you must feel.

cant wait to see you light 'em up. :rockon:  

Offline jim martin

Jim Martin
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2004, 08:11:36 PM »
well alot has happened since the 7th so this is the last update for this year as the project is 95% done.there was so much to do and nobody needed to see a photo of a fender mounted etc.
recap=over the last 8 months the car was stripped-body and pan were seperated-
pan was cleaned and painted-rear suspension was updated,trans was repared-engine was disassembled and repared and updated-complete steel frt clip replaced-refit new fiber glass fender/hood-complete paint-complete interior-rewired and refit hopefully better than new+more stuff than i can even think of,i'm worn out -but very happy with the end result.
--you can't run a marathon without good shoes so as a present to 'the wok'
it gets some new rubber.these are the new m&h d.o.t slicks.

after the shake down run on friday just before i tucked it away for the night i pulled down the lane to click a few photo's.sorry it was very bright out and some of the shots are not so hot,i will try to update them later.
ENJOY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-there are a few small things left to do but for now when its sunny i will just enjoy it,its been a long 2 years but now i can sit back for awhile and take it easy for a change.
i hope everone who followed along enjoyed looking at this project as much as i enjoyed posting it.
see you on the streets!!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:00:41 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp

Offline James Buchan

Jim Martin
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2004, 08:28:46 PM »
Congrats Jim! Being at the end of a long journey must feel soooo good!

Offline silas

Jim Martin
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2004, 08:55:29 PM »
the view soon to be admired by many v-8's, ricers, and anything else that gets in the way.

BAM. thats what i'm talking about.

jim, again, congrats on a great build and an awesome car. did sherry enjoy her ride home from work the other day, or what?

every so often, when i look at this car, i get a feeling of the early 70's acvw race cars like the inch pincer too, lightning bug and tar babe. when chops were all the rage and there was a little show mixed with alot of go. this car has a serious attitude. a little racey, a little retro, and 100% \"bidness\".

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Jim Martin
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2004, 09:11:31 PM »
NIce Job Man!!! That is one sweet car... B)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Matt

Jim Martin
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2004, 09:18:53 PM »
Looks fantastic Jim!!

Offline jim martin

Jim Martin
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2004, 09:21:34 PM »
thanks guys!!!!

Dialedinp

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Jim Martin
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2004, 10:10:01 PM »
Kick ass!!!! nice job Jim!

Offline Hansk

Jim Martin
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2004, 10:58:43 PM »
KILLER!!!! :rockon:  :rockon:  
Big fat black fastback

Offline jim martin

Jim Martin
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2005, 08:59:15 AM »
well it's a whole new year  !!!
after taking some time away just to drive and enjoy my car its come time to get it ready to run again,so many little things to do.
first  was to rebuild some parts of the garage .stage one beef up the doors and stage 2 was get a great working space .doors work great and bench is now well lit and has a 16' work surface and lots of storage .not all sorted out yet but will get there very soon.can't wait to get started on some new upgrades and projects!!!keep ya posted

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:02:02 PM by jim martin »

Dialedinp

Stephan Schmidt

Jim Martin
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2005, 09:03:26 AM »
oh, nice work jim!

I'm going to be ripping apart the garage and cleaning it up this summer for my projects.

Stephan