Author Topic: Head Flutter?  (Read 5118 times)

Matt

Head Flutter?
« on: July 13, 2003, 04:07:45 PM »
So I thought I would crawl under the bus today and check the head nuts. Geoff thought it sounded funny and I better check it out. I did the pass. side first and all was good. then I did the drivers side....wtf???...why is there a nut sitting on the bottom of the valve cover?..wtf?...why is there no adjusting screw in cyl. #3 intake valve....wtf?....why is there another nut on the bottom of the valve cover.....uh-oh.  :o

I took the rocker shaft off and tried to tighten the head studs on cyl.#3 but they won't tighten up. I took the lower air deflecter off and had a better look at my problem. turns out the studs have stripped away from the case. What can I do to rectify this or at least band-aid it to last for the next 4 weeks, I just have no time to pull the motor and fix properly before we move to the new place. :unsure:  

Matt

Head Flutter?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 10:12:52 PM »
I just got a bad feeling about this........do you think that adjusting screw found it's way down one of the pushrod tubes?????

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Head Flutter?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 08:58:22 AM »
Matt,
Call me at the shop, I can get self tapping head studs that will repair your problem.......If the case has no case savers.
Geoff.