Author Topic: Looking for stereo help  (Read 1166 times)

Offline chevyguy

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Looking for stereo help
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »
Hey guys, i hope I'm posting this in the right category but here goes...

Im trying to decide whether or not to buy a retrosound radio for my old chevy truck.  I currently have a custom autosound deck and hate it.  I am reluctant to drop another few hundred on a deck unless i can hear it with my own ears.  I called California Import Parts in Langley but they dont have a display and they were unwilling to let me plug one in to see what it sounds like.  CIP told me they have sold a bunch of these radios to members on this forum and this is where the request for help comes in...

Is there any awesome member who lives in the lower mainland who has either a retrosound hermosa, huntington, model 2, apache or longbeach that would be willing to let me listen to what this deck sounds like?  I would be very grateful if there is.

Pm me if you can help another custom guy out

Offline westcoast-paul

Re: Looking for stereo help
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
why not no head-unit at all?  If you have a cell phone, it probably has bluetooth.  you can use that as the the head-unit.

bluetooth amp:
https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=bluetooth+amplifier&sprefix=bluetooth+amp%2Cautomotive%2C214&rh=n%3A6948389011%2Ck%3Abluetooth+amplifier

Offline chevyguy

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »
The hidden or bluetooth head unit is a solid plan B.  If i can help it, I'd like a functionjng unit in the dash.  The alternative isnt terrible but id like to avoid having a dead radio in the dash as a placeholder or decoration.

Offline vwshawn

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
I found this website for you, hope this helps

http://www.woodradios.com

Cheers, Shawn

Offline chevyguy

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:04:06 AM »
Bump

I appreciate the replies, but nobody here has any of the models of retrosound radios listed?