Author Topic: How many Rear seat Passengers Fit in a bug really  (Read 1843 times)

Offline s3racing

• http://www.walti-sanitaer.ch
How many Rear seat Passengers Fit in a bug really
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
ok this might sound like a silly question :-)

I have 3 kids and all are still using needing booster seats, will 3 boosters fit in the back of a bug??

Has anyone tried?

I was thinking of adding a 3rd or middle seat seat belt so I could get them all squeezed in back there when in Canada for Holidays.

going to 3 point rear belts isn't a problem that i've researched but haven't yet found anywhere anyone that has tried putting 3 booster seats in the back lol.

My daughter is 8 will be 9.5 when we come home for a visit (but really small same size as my oldest Son ore or less.)
oldest sone is 6 will be 7 when we are home.
and then the youngest but wildest Son lol is 3 will be 4 when there.

Any idea's or comments, Im thinking they should fit hoping that they will fit!!

and last ? is there a good roof rack not classic style that works well and doesn't damage / won't damage my new paint after its painted ?

thanks for any info or pointers

Cheers Rene
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:54:24 PM by s3racing »

Offline s3racing

Re: How many Rear seat Passengers Fit in a bug really
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 12:17:11 PM »
If it interests anyone else, here is what i found on the samba.

Rear seat width is 130cm or 51inches for the seat bottom and the seat back is 128cm so about 50inches

I measured the back seat of my VW Sharan which I have 3 kids seats in it right now with room to spare. it measures 137cm so I'm guessing and hoping that next year when they are all more or less just in boosters that they will fit :-) more or less its the top parts of the seats that are more of a problem.  So 2 of my Munchkins will be fore sure just on booster cushions the youngest I might still have to fit into a full seat. But I think it will work.

Any idea's or experience?

Offline josh

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 01:54:53 PM »
Sell the kids? Ok at least one?
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline s3racing

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:46 PM »
Do they make a seat for attaching to a roof rack. When they are fighting that would be a viable option. But selling one, never!! I love them like crazy even if they drive me crazy sometimes. :-)
But I doubt they would have room to fight to much back there :-)

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 03:03:02 PM »
Baaahhhhh..., just do like my parents did and throw them all in loose back there, pretty soon one will be calling dibs on the area behind the seat, problem solved ;)
RUST NEVER SLEEPS