Author Topic: I have VAG-Com  (Read 3023 times)

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
I have VAG-Com
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »
I have a Ross-Tech VAG-COM cable and software, for linking with newer VW's and Audis.

If you've got a post '92 VW/Audi you probably already know about these. Find your vehicle listed here: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/applications/index.html and if you see the KII-USB cable listed as compatible, mine will work with your car.

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline Bruce

Re: I have VAG-Com
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 11:59:46 PM »
For my car it says "Ross-Tech HEX+CAN Interface with Mexico Adapter",
or, "Ross-Tech HEX, KEY or KII Interface with Mexico Adapter"

Do you have this one?

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
Re: I have VAG-Com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 01:22:25 AM »
Hi Bruce,

I have the cable, but not the Mexican adapter. The Vag-Com cable is basically a replacement for Volkswagen's 1552 diagnostics tool, for which your car uses the 3-prong Mexican plug. There are a few options...

1) you buy the mexican adapter from ross-tech's Espanol site, and the 2x2 adapter (also needed) from the American site...this is rather expensive.

2) We find a wrecked modern VW/Audi and make our own adapter...The interface to your car requires +ve, -ve and the K-line from my cable which we can _easily_ determine with a wiring harness from the donor car. The donor car is simply donating the female connector to match my cable. We will then need to make a 3-prong end for your car, but that's not too difficult.

-Dave

--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...