Author Topic: FS: New AMC Cylinder Head for 1.6L IDI Mk1 Rabbit Pickup or equiv.  (Read 425 times)

Offline Aristotlejones

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Hello,

I have a new AMC cylinder head to fit a 1981 1.6L Rabbit Truck, engine code CR or equivalent.

This summer I tried ordering a head from a US reseller, providing the correct Mk2 head number, but the guy only listened to what make and year my truck was and shipped a Mk1 head.  This head has been installed only once on my engine, with only oil added, and it has not been fired up, only hand rotated.  The studs are installed & threadlocked, so one less thing to do.  The small amount of oil that remains, before I found out it was the wrong head, will keep it fresh until you install it.

Here is the link from the reseller for the head I’m reselling:

https://www.evwparts.com/vwparts//068103265C.html

Note: this head has solid lifters.

I paid US$800 + US$120 shipping = CA$1277.16 + CA$136.63 duty = CA$1413.79 total

I’m asking $950, or $100 less for a quick sale. (i.e. before the end of October)

I live in Gibsons at present, and can bring the head to the Vancouver area, but only for serious buyers.

The new head is in its original sturdy box with foam padding, handles,  & wrapped in an oiled plastic bag, so it can be stored safely & kept until needed.

Just so you know, the correct head is in my truck now, and it’s purring like a kitten.

Cheers,

<*>aj