Author Topic: 2010 IceX Series - Jan 16 & 17 are the first dates  (Read 1648 times)

Offline owdlvr

• Dave Hord
    • Classic Car Adventures
2010 IceX Series - Jan 16 & 17 are the first dates
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

Perhaps out of the realm of the Aircooled VW crowd...but some of you must have winter cars, and must like a little competition! We run an annual IceX series up on Barnes lake, which might be of interest to some. This series is run under the West Coast Rally Association rally-cross rules. There is no door-to-door racing, it's one car at a time against the clock.

For all of the entry details please visit the www.rallybc.com. Make sure you read the supp regs, as there is important information in there. The series is a best 2 out of 3, and the first two events are January 16th and January 17th. Cost per day is $25 if you have a rally BC membership, or $35 if you don't. FWIW, this is FANTASTIC car-control training for younger drivers.

A few key things to note about this event:

1. It's going to be AWESOME!
2. As a result of #1 it's going to fill up quick - there are only 25 spots available and lots of regulars that attend this events, get your entry in quickly.
3. It's going to be cold (hopefully), so dress accordingly. Standing on ice gets chilly if you don't have appropriate boots...
4. Most importantly - BRING A TARP! We can't have ANYTHING dripping on the lake surface, so even if your car is brand new, you need to bring a tarp big enough to fit under your car BUMPER to BUMPER. If you forget, you're not going to be able to race and that sucks.

Any questions, feel free to post here and someone from the organizing team will be sure to get you an answer.

See you on the lake. Did I mention it's going to be awesome? So excited  :D :D :D :D

-Dave
--
'71 Type 1 - Rally Car Project
'75 Type 1 - Heirloom
'95 F150 - Unfortunate daily driver...

Offline super90kyote

Re: 2010 IceX Series - Jan 16 & 17 are the first dates
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
What no door to door!!!
Ok that would be cars on ice. Western Canadian Ice Racing Association. I know this is not the classified section, however I have a set of studded Nokian rally tires for sale on four bolt beetle rims. Imported from Finland (not street legal)
If anyone is thing about it.

Offline Hansk

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
This would be a blast!  Super90 and I, along with some other friends have some experience in ice racing aircooleds back in the day.
Dress warm and steer with your right foot. :cool:

Big fat black fastback

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:10:09 PM »
This would be a blast!  Super90 and I, along with some other friends have some experience in ice racing aircooleds back in the day.
Dress warm and steer with your right foot. :cool:

hans you still have the stud tires put them on the buggy!
Gary