Author Topic: Who Ran What At Mission?  (Read 6684 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Who Ran What At Mission?
« on: July 12, 2003, 12:09:40 AM »
i was pissed that i was stuck at work when i shoulda been at the drag races watching the aircooled eat everything they went up against.

just curious as to who was there, how many and what the times were? any pb's? hows the 2332 gav? geoff or k-roc bust off an 11 yet?

Billyisgr8

Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 12:41:28 AM »
Geoff ran a 12.22 @ 108,

He will get to the 11 something  soon

Gavin ran a 13 something@ 100  ( can't remember)  

And the other new to drag racing guy ( can't think of his name as I never introduced myself) in a drag only bug ran a 14.8 something.  

There was only 3 bugs there.

Geoff will fill in the rest, as I could probably type all night and tell all, but He is the one with the big grin who won't sleep much tonight.

Kevin

Offline Andrew Holliday

• Andrew Holliday Photography
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 06:39:41 AM »
Gavin hit 12's later! I think!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 06:40:44 AM by Andrew Holliday »

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 09:55:42 AM »
It was a hot night out a Mission, All i gotta say is i need to get the AC fixed in the Impala. Sitting in the line up for 1 hour in 30+ weather was killing me.

It was packed out there with other events going on this weekend including the car club weekend so many more spectators were out.

Gavin had a few line loc problems but managed to get the tires warm enough.
Congrats are in order for gavin as he is now a official "100mph member" and ran his first 12 sec pass. 12.90 @ 101 mph! Gavin, now it's time for you to get your own slicks back on. By the way, why are you using my slicks when you have a brand new set? Maybe we should trade;-)

"Racing Jason" was out with his 2110 beetle and ran a best of 14.9? at 87mph (correct me if im wrong.

For me,

First time back to the track this year and the car ran it's best time yet. First pass spun the tires all the way thru 1st and didn't feel right in the higher RPM. It ran a 13.37 @108mph

Next pass did a timing change, launched and it started to pull the wheels and poped out of gear, Dam! Got going again but ran a 14.53 @ 106.91

Third pass ran the tires down to 12psi from 15 and did a big burn out thru the lights. Launched and spun the tires again but not as bad. 1.60 60ft (last year i would get 1.50 60ft time and time again.
But the good news was it felt strong and ran a 12.22 @ 108.93 and it feels like there is more in it!

At the rate the Top 20 is going this may only be good to just squeeze in this year. One week to Seattle Bug Nationals and i'm stoked!

Stephan Schmidt

Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2003, 11:11:30 PM »
gavin hit a 12.94 at 100+ MPH in the 1.4 mile!

good job gavin!

Offline thrasherbill

• http://www.volksrods.com/id103.htm
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 01:25:56 AM »
Right on Gavin! What happened to Brian and James? Weren't they supposed to be there or were they trash talking for Seattle?

ThrasheR
Screw preservation... hand me that Sawzall!

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline James Buchan

Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 09:26:05 AM »
great canadian is the event where brian and kev get a butt kickin

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 10:26:12 AM »
G-dawg, congrats on your 12.22/ 108... that is fkn fast, and still more init? Good luck in Seattle next weekend, wish I could be there. Oh well, drunk in Vegas is pretty good too I guess. A friend and I are renting a Honda S2000 down there and taking it out to the desert... Just gotta find that govener!

Friday was awesome. To bad there weren't a few more vdubs out to kick some V8 ass. And another congrats to Geoffy, as he is holding the #1 spot at mission for the fastest import. That 500hp golf was pretty cool though, pretty sad 500hp and all he could pull off was 12.27...

My last pass felt really good(12.94/101.8), still had a bunch of driver error...just have to get used to launching a bit harder and it should have a bit more in it...

Geoff thanx for the use of the slicks... now that I got some practice, I guess I will put my own on. Still debating Erco's... Which would be great as the car was weighing in really heavy(1790 without me in it).

See ya all at the next S/L...

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 10:14:42 AM »
Butt kickin? James, I have a funny feeling that your car wont be ready for the big night. We dont want any excuses! Just get it done. Kevin and I are waiting. Bi the way it was nice meeting you Kevin for the first time at bugnationals. Too bad James wasnt there to hear all the trash talk about him. :P  

Offline James Buchan

Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 11:43:32 AM »
Trash talk, I think it would be more like a gossip session in a hen house! While you guys were there I spent my time on the car, and was able to reduce some more weight...... which means I beat you by that much more.

Keep talking just get ready to walk the walk...

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Who Ran What At Mission?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2003, 12:05:48 PM »
Working on the car eh? I heard that you were givin a list of chores to do around the house and you wernt allowed to go. Once I get the jetting figured out ill be ready and waiting. Oh, I forgot Im already waiting. ;)