Author Topic: Pop-out Help Required  (Read 1012 times)

Offline 1blk66

Pop-out Help Required
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:19:52 AM »
Hey gang,
I just got some pop-outs for my 66 type 1 and was looking for advise / knowledge on installing them. Can someone either give me the low down on what I'm in for or point me to a web-site with the step by step (if one exists) ?
Thanks Todd

Offline thrasherbill

• http://www.volksrods.com/id103.htm
Pop-out Help Required
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 02:41:13 PM »
They are pretty straightforward. All the mounting holes should be in the body already. After you have removed the static window and rubber, peel the headliner back a bit from the window lip at the front (b pillar) and you should see 3 (maybe4?) holes in the window lip. Line the window up in the opening and position the latch bracket at the back aprox where it goes and use a pin to poke through the headliner and find the holes.

ThrasheR
Screw preservation... hand me that Sawzall!

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline 1blk66

Pop-out Help Required
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 05:05:03 PM »
Thanks ThrasheR.

What's the best way to take out( and salvage) the old windows ? I thought rock but really do want to keep them.  

Matt

Pop-out Help Required
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:40:42 PM »
If the seals are junk, or you don't mind destroying them, use a razor knife flat against the glass and cut the seal off from the outside. Save glass, toss rubber.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 06:41:03 PM by Matt »

Offline Island bugs

Pop-out Help Required
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 08:31:53 PM »
Otherwise... have someone to receive and go inside the car , push out on the glass, start to push/ fold the rubber lip out the hole. It gets easier and easier as you go around the window. then comes the part where someone catches it before it hits the ground. Wayne