Author Topic: Bus Tires  (Read 898 times)

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Bus Tires
« on: April 13, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »
I just was wondering if anyone knows a good place in the lowermainland to get tires? I am thinking of ordering the Ra08 for my bus from busdepot. I thought I would ask the Forum there advice.  If I order them  there is duty right? I usually just get things shipped to a WA address and pick them up  but  just checking options.  Is there another tire that is equal good.. around here?? Also what are the thoughts on  uping to the 195r14  rather then the 185r14
thanks
Matt Street [_[
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 06:59:38 PM by 1969deluxebus »
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline GMB

Bus Tires
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »
Hey Matt I love the Michelin 195-14 XLTs These are a light truck tire and will mak eyour bus drive like a Mercedes. I use to put em on all my customers buses and they were never dissapointed and could not belive the difference real tires make!
   My 2 cents.
      Gary.
Warrior sand rail:
2276cc 82x94
Engle FK-41 with 1.25:1 street style rockers
40x35.5 stock cast single port heads
Single 40mm Kadron w/32vent
Equalizer 5lb pulley
Stock lifters
Stock aluminum pushrods
26mm aluminum oil pump full flow
*Poor mans rack and pinion up front*

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Re: Bus Tires
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:05:05 AM »
I was looking at one tire place and they have goodride tires. they have all the specs but i am still thinking about buying the hancooks online. 5 for the price of four . what should i know about bring tires across or would it be better to just gettin them mounted in the states?? any advice..?? I am still open into buying here in the Lower mainland. thanks
Matt
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI