Author Topic: WTT: New engine for my 74 Thing for bodywork and paint  (Read 800 times)

Offline Bodyshopguy

• Bodyshop Site
WTT: New engine for my 74 Thing for bodywork and paint
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:44:10 PM »
I recently bought a 74 Thing and the engine sucks. I would like to go bigger (currently has a 1600DP). The engine runs and I drive it almost daily but would like to put something bigger and better in there? What you got, what you need? I have 2 ICBC Valet bodyshops that there could be a swap for some paint work or.....The only thing I wont fix though is rust. You have to have already got that dealt with. Email me for more info.
Thanks alot

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
Re: WTT: New engine for my 74 Thing for bodywork and paint
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Andre told me how fast that Thing got painted. Very impressive! :) Hope you find what you're looking for.
Chris & Gina (We're Andre's neighbors)

Offline vwguy

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:48:01 PM »
Yes I Echo what the Bakers Say . Welcome to the Vw Pleasure Dome. I know someone will  help you out, let me know if you get stuck.

Regards  Jimmy

Offline Bodyshopguy

• Bodyshop Site
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
Thanks, ya it got a 4 hour paint job. No company decals on this one, but I think it looks alot better than it did...I'll probably redo the whole thing in the fall, but for now just need a fun reliable engine..maybe I'll post some pics of the incredi-fast paint job..