Author Topic: Dual Master Cylinder Brake Switch  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Aircooled

Dual Master Cylinder Brake Switch
« on: May 28, 2004, 11:01:50 PM »
Help, I have a 4 Wheel Disc Brake (Ghia's Front, 914 Back) with a new dual master cylinder on my 66 Beetle Convertible.  I am going thru brake switchs on a weekly basis.  My beetle is mounted on a 75 IRS pan, and the brake switch is a two prong setup running on a 12V Electrical.  I have been told that the 2 or 3 prong brake switch are the same, but nobody seems to know how to solve my problem...anyone have any ideas on solving my issues...is it electrical or too much pressure with Silicon Brake Fluid?

Aircooled

Offline Bruce

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 11:30:04 PM »
That's too bad to hear your bad luck.  How about this for a close setup:
I have 4 wheel discs, stock VW Karmann Ghia type fronts and 914 rears.  Its all on a 75 IRS pan.  The new master cylinder was installed in about 91.  I've had silicone fluid in it since then.  The only difference I can think of is that I use 30 year old original VW switches.  They are probably the ones with 3 terminals.

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 09:40:22 PM »
Same deal here too,  Ghia fronts,914 rears on a 70 pan with hella 3 prong switches installed in 1993. Maybe they are just cheap switches, we can try and order you some Hella brand if your in the area and want to come by.