Author Topic: The Green Hornet back on the road! 1967 Fastback  (Read 2626 times)

Offline kinggeorge13

• Whaddya mean I can't buy more buses?
The Green Hornet back on the road! 1967 Fastback
« on: October 16, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »
Thanks to member Jonny providing me with an original 12v generator that was a perfect match to my failed one.  Spade connectors and all.   A quick polarizing of the generator (like 2 seconds) and popped her in and for the first time in over a month my generator light turned off and my charging system works again like a charm.   Now I just have to wait for a sunny day to take her back out on the road!

I had already replaced the original 12v regulator with a new Bosch one as it had burn marks underneath and I know at least once the relay points inside fused together for a bit just before the whole system failed.   Interesting underneath the original regulator looks to be a diode (the bronze can with the red wire) added that I sure don't see in any schematics of this regulator circuit.  Also looks like there used to be a kind of wire fuse between the two blue wires that has burned/vaporized away. 

I do believe it's possible I was pulling too much current from the circuit that may have caused all this but I would not have thought it would be to the level of this melted destruction (that also killed my generator).   But who knows.   
1975 Westy, Serenity
1975 Westy, Jack Sparrow
1979 Kombi, Pistachio
1979 Kombi, Oliver
1977 Tin top camper, Cosmos
1974 Westy, Garfield
1973 Tin top camper, Bart (now thinking he's 1976)
1974 gutted Riviera, Casper
1975 Westy, Stella
1979 Super Beetle, Penelope
1967 Fastback, Green Hornet