Author Topic: Apology From Vwjohn53  (Read 8334 times)

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2004, 03:40:56 PM »
Ive yet to receive my shirt or hug!!!! :(  

Offline 71BUS

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2004, 04:06:20 PM »
I haven't registered previously as I don't usually have time to post. So I suppose I am a newbie to posting but not the hobby. It is true that this thread does strike a chord as I have often wondered how long John could go doing what he does. I guess he was better off before the web, before people talked to each other and compared notes. One thing I forgot to mention if John is so cash strapped then why does he horsetrade so much. If he is noble and into the hobby for pure reasons then he should focus his sights on an affordable project not misleading people. The same people that are burning him on the forum would all help John if he was honest and needed help to enjoy the hobby(As evidenced on this board). So if I can sum it up, we all spend our time working for to little, being screwed by power, cable, phone, mortgage and taxes, the last place we want to get hooped is within our hobby. So John why don't you convince us why it is ok to scam instead of having your friends (or whoever you are ghia-san)come here and claim we are all scammers. If you can justify to me why you think it is ok to treat people like this then by all means respond as I am all ears.

Offline Black-Back

• http://
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »
Well said...........
GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2004, 04:34:54 PM »
Hey 71BUS, welcome aboard - you'll definatly fit in well here! Well said post!

Offline OUTKAST

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2004, 05:49:37 PM »
:P Well thats it I can't go to work anymore to much crap going down .
Outkast = Martin moore case anyone thought I was hiding  :o I just like the nickname .
Well Shane KARMA KARM KARMA :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
YOU bet brother and it bites you in the ass ten fold  :P
AND as for ghia hider do what you must but not very grown up ! If you have somethimg to say say it and claim it

Hey we all want to make new friends and learn new things , hopefully this is just a bump in the road .GOOD LUCK JAMES live and learn tommorrow is another day and you seem to have made some new friends , and john change is hard but the rewards are great  think about it ? and if there is something left out fill us in
Outkast
Have a good night  :)  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2004, 06:07:26 PM »
hey what about that t-shirt and the lousy hug?

oh wait those were free!

MIGHTY 45's FOREVER!
[/size][/font]
My hugs are not lousy....
 Best there ever were
T-shirts....You guys know where I live stop on by...
You can ride my Chopper!!! OCC Baby IN Da house

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2004, 08:03:50 PM »
Just a thought........... From a legal stand point.  Why doesn't he go after John?  I know the whole back dated sale is the hump but if he paid for the car by cheque............... He'll have a date on in as well as when the money came out of an account if he paid cash.  It shouldn't be too hard to convince ICBC to believe him.  The evidence will tell the tale.  .02  

Mo
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2004, 12:18:18 AM »
If there was anything in writing that the car was sold " as is "  James is hooped.     Marcel

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2004, 09:39:46 AM »
k, so i figured i should try and use my powers for good not evil, so i put in a call about this...

essentially, because it was a private sale, icbc's position is that it's buyer beware. so while it may be dodgy, there's nothing under provincial legislation that would enable icbc to do anything. had it been a sale through a dealership, there's more recourse available. the only thing that would have enabled james to undo this scam would have been to allow the 10-day required registration period to pass. that would, on icbc's end, made the transaction null and void.

i'm assuming, tho, that the 10 days are long gone. that really sucks, as the only recourse left is small claims court. here's the 411 on small claims according to the provincial gov't, fyi for everyone...

Small Claims Court
Small claims court is a court of law, but it's not designed for lawyers. It's meant to be a "do-it-yourself" kind of court, where ordinary people can handle their own cases, whichever side they're on.

Small claims court is a place where people can go to settle their differences in cases worth anywhere up to $10,000.

It has less formal and less complicated rules and procedures than Supreme Court. For example, the forms you use in small claims court are the "fill-in-the-blank" type.

If you're thinking of making a claim in small claims court, or if you're already involved in a case, this booklet is for you. It answers questions about the court, and it describes what happens in an ordinary small claims court case. Even if you do hire a lawyer to represent you, it is helpful to know what to expect.

For more information about any of the steps along the way, see the other booklets in this series - they're listed at the back of this booklet. For answers to particular problems or questions not covered, ask at a small claims court registry near you, or read the small claims court rules.

Do I have to know "legal language"?
No. There aren't many legal words you'll have to know to find your way around small claims court, but there are a few. Here are the main ones:

*   The claimant is the person who makes a claim in small claims court.
*   The notice of claim is the form the claimant uses to make the claim.
*   The defendant is the person who is being sued - the one the claim is made against.
*   The reply is the form the defendant uses to answer the notice of claim.
*   Serving a document means getting it to another person in whatever way the law requires.

What kinds of cases go to small claims court?
As you'd expect, the cases that come to this court* involve smaller amounts of money than in Supreme Court. The highest amount that the claimant can sue for is $10,000.

This includes all claims listed on the notice of claim, no matter how many defendants there are, and it includes the value of any goods that the claimant is asking for.

It does not include any interest or expenses that the claimant might be entitled to. (The expenses that anyone can claim in small claims court are quite limited - in many cases they amount to no more than the filing fee and the cost of document service.)

There are some kinds of cases that cannot be handled in small claims court, no matter how little money is involved. Landlord and tenant cases, for example, as well as libel and slander suits and cases involving the title to land cannot be tried in small claims court.

Some cases have had an order made in another court and the orders are filed in the small claims court to collect the outstanding debt. These might include an order for restitution made in a criminal court or an unpaid fine owing to a municipality, province or the federal government. In these cases creditors file the judgment in the small claims court so that they can use any of the available enforcement options to collect the debt.

step-by-step instructions on how to file a claim are available 
here

hope that helps some.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 09:40:29 AM by moni »
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »
You are just so smart.... THank God you are our groupie and not that other clubs
 :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »
I leave for one week and all hell breaks loose! I did not realize that I was so important!!!!!

I have read all this stuff that has happened and I just want to say some things.

This is to Refreshed jive, I totally respect you for understanding your situation!
If you need any help at all or parts PM me!!

As for the rest of us on this board, The kid has learned a lesson and is in the right hands now, As for John... the damage has been done,  I just want all who are mad and fighting to realize that this is what this board is for! Lets stop talking about "John" before poeple start leaving this great place that we have.  Their are always going to be poeple who like one person aposed to the other and thats what opions are for, Having the ability to share them with others.  But there is a point where it should end, the kid is getting a car, lots of good free work, Hans will point him in the right direction and he has learned a valuble lesson,
As for john, well,  The damage has been done. Draw your own conclusion from these discussions.
And as for the rest of use on both sides, Where is the love?
Enuf has been said, We all are on the same side! Cheers!!

1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2004, 04:10:59 PM »
I leave for one week and all hell breaks loose! I did not realize that I was so important!!!!!

I have read all this stuff that has happened and I just want to say some things.

This is to Refreshed jive, I totally respect you for understanding your situation!
If you need any help at all or parts PM me!!

As for the rest of us on this board, The kid has learned a lesson and is in the right hands now, As for John... the damage has been done,  I just want all who are mad and fighting to realize that this is what this board is for! Lets stop talking about "John" before poeple start leaving this great place that we have.  Their are always going to be poeple who like one person aposed to the other and thats what opions are for, Having the ability to share them with others.  But there is a point where it should end, the kid is getting a car, lots of good free work, Hans will point him in the right direction and he has learned a valuble lesson,
As for john, well,  The damage has been done. Draw your own conclusion from these discussions.
And as for the rest of use on both sides, Where is the love?
Enuf has been said, We all are on the same side! Cheers!!
Hey Saw your Dad Friday night... How did you do... remind me never to sword fight with you...
 :huh:  :ph34r:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2004, 05:39:43 PM »
I killed lots!! And drank more!

1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)