Author Topic: Apology From Vwjohn53  (Read 8332 times)

Offline Ghia-san

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2004, 10:45:59 PM »
While I usually enjoy the friendly banter back and forth on these forums, I feel that some of you have digressed and soiled the good nature and intention of this forum. How dare you guys sit on the judgement seat and drag a fellow enthusiast

Offline el_flechador

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2004, 10:49:33 PM »
As a new member on here i know neither of the parties involved , but i think the posts speak for them selves, including your friend condemming you by saying you were driving it like that for years. Its people like you who drive home drunk safe in the knowledge that they have never had an accident before...and kill thousands each year, have you never been to a hospital emergency room and seen victims of such genius behaviour...You are an Oxygen thief if you want my opinion...

Offline mikeT

• http://
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 11:15:31 PM »
what I've gotten out of these post is that this vw community is small and somewhat tight knit, and for someone to sucker someone of the same community is pretty low, we all trust each other and take each others advice and sometimes it isn't good advice but never the less it's advice, however there is a big difference between bad advice and just out right lying to someone!
 I know neither party involved, but JB welded studs (is that even legal?) and back dated transfer papers.....makes me wonder!

Matt

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 11:16:04 PM »
YOU

Matt

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 11:25:10 PM »
If you guys were so concerned for this

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 11:27:42 PM »
STOP PLAYING THE JUDGEMENT GAME, YOU

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2004, 12:27:37 AM »
no one has asked him to go away, just to correct a bad situation. That would be the sign of a good hearted person.

Please dont make assumptions of others. I dont think anyone here has.

And in regards to buying a car, buyer beware is the rule but this situation appears to have crossed that line into something that would be considered illegal and or wrong by many different organizations.

John made his apology and chose to leave the forum, no one asked him to do that, they just asked him to make good with this sale.

very well said. that pretty much sums it up.

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2004, 12:32:07 AM »
Speak for your self!   Only vehicles i have sold are below market value, subject to vehicle inspection, and a 30 day money back.  I have not had a single compliant  in 25 years thankyou very much!!!!!!!!!!   Marcel

Offline Ghia-san

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2004, 12:52:34 AM »
Chris,

Thank you for your 0.13 cents worth. Your post should have come 30 posts ago before we all got on the bashing band-wagon. Yes, John apologized and left the forum on his own free will. In his position, he would have been a fool not to. Should he make good with his sale? Absolutely. Was he dishonest? Did he knowingly scam this kid? That could very well be the case, however, once the subject turns to taking personal hits (passing judgment on his disability insurance, comparing him with drunk drivers, etc) I think everyone should be prepared to hear the devils advocate. Personal hits are overboard. Chris, you present an eloquent summary to the whole issue as opposed to a personal attack on Jon. That is voicing an opinion and that

Offline reefreshd_jive

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2004, 01:14:41 AM »
I am the kid. my name is james. it has been interesting to read all your posts, i dont have very many comments to make. just simply that, by no means do i put all the responsibility on John. i was in a pinch and needed a car, i approached him, and he said he had a daily driver for sale. so i checked it out, and yes i should have gotten it inspected, but i didnt. he told me the problems, and i he said he would get me the parts to get them fixed. it has been a few weeks now, i sent him one last e-mail on monday, and if i dont hear from him, i will bite the bullet, strip it, and wreck it. there is not much else to do. i rushed into buying this car, i had blinders on, and i got taken. i am out 1400, but i learned a valuable lesson. it was said that a good $1500 beetle are fair and few between...and that is true.

Offline Ghia-san

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 03:43:13 AM »
Hey James. Sorry to hear about the bum deal.  I'm the dick who played devil's advocate and accused everybody of selling crappy cars! I'm not gonna tell you my name though (hence the reason I created Ghia-san pretending to be a newbie!) cause a couple of you guys are gonna shit if you find out who I am! I was waiting for James to take the bait cause he seemed so touched by the whole thing! No such luck though!

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 07:17:31 AM »
I have been reading all these posts and I cant believe what has happened to this poor kid. I feel for ya. Weve all been there i guess. But I think John has probably put himself out of business. Word travells fast around here. Im kinda wondering if he'll show at GCVW. As far you ghia-san nobody likes someone who hides behind a computer screen.  

Matt

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 07:24:13 AM »
As far you ghia-san nobody likes someone who hides behind a computer screen.
Everybody that has an opinion on any topic, being this bum deal or james ferry fuck-up, voices that opinion under there own name. up front and center, if you can't stand behind your name/identity, your opinion is shit.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 07:43:45 AM »
Everybody that has an opinion on any topic, being this bum deal or james ferry fuck-up, voices that opinion under there own name. up front and center, if you can't stand behind your name/identity, your opinion is shit.
Who is this Matt guy anyway, who the hell would use a nickname like that on a forum, doesn't give anybody any idea of who he really is. This guy is just as bad as that James guy. :P ( I put shane as I was thinking of some way to get him but I always meant James )

Oh wait Mighty 45's forever brother
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 07:45:48 AM by 1976BUS »

Offline Mike Scott

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 07:46:27 AM »
I was waiting for James to take the bait cause he seemed so touched by the whole thing! No such luck though!

WTF?

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »
I say we put this to rest and let James ( reefreshd_jive ) work on this issue with John, and if he needs help then I am sure he knows that he can ask us. If not he will know now.

John knows the issue and so does everyone else, and everyone probably has decided as to whether or not they will do business with John anymore.

Just another 0.13 cents US, Geez I think I have given too much of my money to this post.  :blink:

:P

Offline hellgti

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 08:57:40 AM »
While I usually enjoy the friendly banter back and forth on these forums, I feel that some of you have digressed and soiled the good nature and intention of this forum. How dare you guys sit on the judgement seat and drag a fellow enthusiast
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 09:04:13 AM by hellgti »

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 10:22:22 AM »
I'm the dick who played devil's advocate and accused everybody of selling crappy cars! I'm not gonna tell you my name though (hence the reason I created Ghia-san pretending to be a newbie!) cause a couple of you guys are gonna shit if you find out who I am! I was waiting for James to take the bait cause he seemed so touched by the whole thing! No such luck though!
you're an idiot. and i dont give a f*@k who you are.

creating a false identity and coming to THIS particular thread just to stir the pot? smart move.

this thread is not a beheading, and the seriousness of it is important. this information is important for all to know. this group of friends and enthusiasts is growing and we need to stay true and honest to eachother.  

Offline Black-Back

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 10:46:17 AM »
Here Here!!! Being part of a community of people all with the same interests is all about forming relationships(good ones) In one that is groing as rapidly as our scene there is bound to be a few issues along the way, and these forums are the only media for an idividual to speak to all who are involved, and know whom there talking to.

My name is Mike James, I own a 1968 Fastback(Black)that I just got on the road a month ago, I've had it for six years and its great to finally drive it.

As for this Ghia-san whoever you are, get a life man(woman) none of us need a "devils advocate" and who are you to think YOU have the right to hide yourself, in my opinion, this move is almost as bad as Jon selling the said car!

I think this thread either needs to change topics, or stick with what it started as.

Thanks.   <_<

GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline hellgti

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 10:50:45 AM »
you're an idiot. and i dont give a f*@k who you are.

creating a false identity and coming to THIS particular thread just to stir the pot? smart move.

this thread is not a beheading, and the seriousness of it is important. this information is important for all to know. this group of friends and enthusiasts is growing and we need to stay true and honest to eachother.
agreed

keep in mind the transaction in question is one of many.  maybe John would like to talk about his international dealings where people don't have any means of repercusion......

like was stated before, finaly someone has come forward!!

Offline 71BUS

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 11:42:10 AM »
I have read all of the posts on this thread and many people feel strongly about John and how he  operates.  Personally I think Gina makes a good point and that is John makes $800.00 a month on disability. To me this explains why ninety five percent of what John sells is garbage that he gets for little or no cost. He then uses whatever means necessary(bondo/etc) to craft the parts into various rotten hulks he has owned over the years. I think it has taken until now for most to get mad because anyone who has been in the scene more than a month knows very well to avoid buying anything from John unless it has been inspected on every level. He is good though at finding old vw's and I know he has passed on some great deals to his friends. I think I am with everyone here in that we don't criticise his disability pention but the way he misrepresents his cars. I would have much more respect for him if he took a more honest approach to business. The only other deal that was as bad as a John's deal was the  deal my brother inlaw got at Westgate VW in Maple Ridge, he bought a 1970 bus that was the most rotten bus I have ever seen. He bought it without my consent or prior knowledge. He paid $1800.00 for it and the only things that were salvageable was the tranny, the motor and the gas heater.  Once he threatened VW with going to the better business bureau they took the full purchase price and put it towards a diesel jetta that passed a 151 point inspection. So lets make this thread positive and let John know that we are watching him and he is welcome as long as he cleans up his act.

CHEECH

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 11:55:45 AM »
So lets make this thread positive and let John know that we are watching him and he is welcome as long as he cleans up his act.
F#$K that Shit this Guy Sold a car with back dated papers, JB weld on the lugs :blink: . He sold that kid a death trap :angry: and left him with no way out of this deal.

shawn

Offline 71BUS

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 12:01:10 PM »
oh and lets not even mention his ghia that was sponsored by 3M and Canadian tire

Offline 71BUS

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 12:14:06 PM »
though that seems to be John's M.O. he takes a really bad car and puts flashy wheels on it to make it look good

Offline James Buchan

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 12:16:49 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:23:51 AM by James Buchan »

Offline volksbug

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 12:48:14 PM »
Glad James is bringing this thread back into focus.  Never mind the mud slinging or name calling we simply are focusing on bad deals with John ,this one in particular with one black flamed bug!!!!!!    Marcel

Offline 66split

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2004, 12:56:16 PM »
its kinda funny how the "newbs" come out when someone gets bashed.  sounds like a bum deal to me.. "i've loved this forum for a long time"  but only has 3 posts.  Actually this reminds me alot of the JHC and everyone defending Jakub when they really didnt know what happened, of course its one thing to sell a POS deathtrap and its another to give out completely wrong advice that could lead to someones death...
naming a car is gay...really gay.

Offline hellgti

Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2004, 02:07:50 PM »
its kinda funny how the "newbs" come out when someone gets bashed.  sounds like a bum deal to me.. "i've loved this forum for a long time"  but only has 3 posts.  Actually this reminds me alot of the JHC and everyone defending Jakub when they really didnt know what happened, of course its one thing to sell a POS deathtrap and its another to give out completely wrong advice that could lead to someones death...
i think we can all agree the "newbies" are forum members hiding behind another sign in.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2004, 02:37:36 PM »
Wow Ton of Newbies..... Welcome to our Favorite Chat room... Glad you have been lurkers for so long and found a topic that touched your heart, Made you actually post... Great to see.... As you know I also hide behind a fake name Pointblank.... As you all know that is not my real name. There for I can talk about anyone I wish and know when I see them face to face they have know Idea I was the one bashing them.
I think James. Matt, and anyone using you real name should now get a new Identity, Because when you talk trash we will hunt you down and beat you. I have been away for a couple days now( Secret Location) So I have missed this latest Newbie entries... Had I been here, I would have sadi what everyone else was saying... You guys are too funny... We are all grown ups, here If you have an opinion about anything that differs, then speak up thus a forum, If there is no contriversy then why have a discussion forum????

Lets all be real, I think Refreshed Jive has learned a great lesson about our Community and about people in it. Most people take care of each other Human nature and some are bad apples, However there is more good in here than bad and that is why I am glad to be a member of this site. James has handled his getting ripped off with alot of class, He has put a ton of trust (and still is) into a guy who plainly ripped him off.
Good on ya James. He has only asked for help. I think I was the guy who started this whole thing as I had PM'ed and called him to make good. (Good thing nobody knows me)

And lastly I have never sold a car that was headed for the wreckers..as a good car,daily runner, Unfortunatly I have a heart, and I have a concience. I could not sleep at night know I have ripped someone off.. I guess it is also Karma, I believe so much in. I have bought and sold so uch stuff in my life ( as I like to wheel and deal) Yet I bet you would find it hard to find someone who said I have ripped them off (if you knew who I was that is)

that is my $144.39 USD( Cuz I like to get paid in USD)
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chris

• Car.
Apology From Vwjohn53
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2004, 03:16:14 PM »
hey what about that t-shirt and the lousy hug?

oh wait those were free!

MIGHTY 45's FOREVER!
[/size][/font]