Author Topic: fs:66 crewcab  (Read 7320 times)

Offline 63vert

fs:66 crewcab
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
for sale 66 crewcab. original less motor, complete.  needs lots of metal work in the standard places.  comes with most of the replacement panels required.  price: 2k.  email:dlembcke2@gmail.com

Pm sent
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:03:54 PM by Geoff »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Re: fs:66 crewcab
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 11:10:40 PM »
is most of the insides there?
if so ill take it
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline josh

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »
look at all the crab traps it comes with :P good deal

hows it goin' Dan?

55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline Mirko

• dude, where's my car?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
for sale 66 crewcab. original less motor, complete.  needs lots of metal work in the standard places.  comes with most of the replacement panels required.  price: 2k.  email:dlembcke2@gmail.com

Pm sent

Hey Dan,

Whats the story with that vert lid, for sale?

Mirko

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
You guys are all way too slow! ;D

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:54:16 AM »
You guys are all way too slow! ;D
   sign0023

Offline 63vert

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »
Sale pending to Chris. 

Sorry Josh, the traps aren't for sale, but I could sure use someone of your size to help pull them.

Hi Mirko, the one w lid with vents used to be a 62 lid that we pounded out into a w and then I pressed the louvers in.  The other is a fiberglass w.  Either way if you can use one let me know, all it will cost you is shipping.

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »
Pending to Chris? How did he get in the mix? I thought Geoff bought it ???
brian waz

Offline Geoff

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 03:36:54 PM »
I thought i was getting also, I know I was the first to reply but I asked for some other pics and while waiting for them it got sold on me.  >:(

Shane thought he got it as well. I'm sure it will be up for sale again very soon. :P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:40:57 PM by Geoff »

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
He (or she)... who has the papers.. wins  ;D

Offline Geoff

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »

Thats ok, Karma  :o

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »

Thats ok, Karma  :o

lol_hitting Karma for who? We e-mailed and said if it hasn't yet sold to please call us. Dan called us and said as of that moment it was still available. We told him we would like to buy it. Dan offered to get us pictures, and we said it would be nice to see pics but we would like to commit to buying it regardless. We didn't know who all was in the mix, or what conversations anyone else had had. We figured he would probably have had a bunch of e-mails about it, so in that situation I've come to learn you don't wait for pics and you don't dicker on price...if you want it you gotta put it out there and pay full price. After seeing and hearing there was some buzz about this I spoke to Dan and said that if he felt that he had a commited sale before us that we would understand. I had been thinking I may even pass on it for Geoff (asked Gina about it) but when I spoke to Dan he told me that Geoff had been e-mailing all day telling him that he has known us for years, and it would be up for sale on the Samba next week for more money, etc... so I suppose Karma may be the right term ::)

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
First come, first served....

Moving on!

Offline Geoff

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
Chris I think you got your nickers in a knot, there's no hard feelings here just ask Kevin and Shawn. We were all joking about this morning.

As for you selling it in a few weeks, I hope you do cuz I'll be the first to try and buy it..... Again! Lol

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
Chris I think you got your nickers in a knot, there's no hard feelings here just ask Kevin and Shawn. We were all joking about this morning.

As for you selling it in a few weeks, I hope you do cuz I'll be the first to try and buy it..... Again! Lol

lol_hitting Yeah I guess I started to :-[. It just sounded like it was already a foregone conclusion what we were going to do with it....and we had never intended to step on anyones toes.  Maybe with your karma if you had used a  :D smiley or a  lol_hitting or even a  ;) you're jest would have been clear. I just got a bit freaked out when I saw the  :o and started to think :huh:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:10:24 PM by vwboop »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 07:13:47 AM »
I thought i was getting also, I know I was the first to reply but I asked for some other pics and while waiting for them it got sold on me.  >:(

Shane thought he got it as well. I'm sure it will be up for sale again very soon. :P

Just missing parts... :o
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 07:20:57 AM »

lol_hitting Yeah I guess I started to :-[. It just sounded like it was already a foregone conclusion what we were going to do with it....and we had never intended to step on anyones toes.  Maybe with your karma if you had used a  :D smiley or a  lol_hitting or even a  ;) you're jest would have been clear. I just got a bit freaked out when I saw the  :o and started to think :huh:

So if Geof was the first to email this guy regardless of price , pictures, blah blah, he should get first dibs. just because you offere full price does not mean you should get it first. I also offered full price. Dan should go back to Geoff and tell him that he has had full price offers and would geoff be willing to pay full price.
Chris, I dont blame you, I just think if it was me and it sortta was, it's geoffs first and if he turns it down then next guy in line gets it at full price. This is one of the reasons I have stepped back from the community. It is not worth losing friendships over...
just my 2 cents
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Geoff

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:09:52 AM »

So if Geof was the first to email this guy regardless of price , pictures, blah blah, he should get first dibs. just because you offere full price does not mean you should get it first. I also offered full price. Dan should go back to Geoff and tell him that he has had full price offers and would geoff be willing to pay full price.
Chris, I dont blame you, I just think if it was me and it sortta was, it's geoffs first and if he turns it down then next guy in line gets it at full price. This is one of the reasons I have stepped back from the community. It is not worth losing friendships over...
just my 2 cents

It's all good, I'm not worried about it and Chris said I can have first chance at it if he decides not to keep it. Until then I'll keep looking

Offline fukenbroken

• Chris McIntyre
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 02:20:41 PM »
 wtf Im shocked first to reply gets first option on buying it. just my .02 cents

Offline 85fastlane

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 02:22:38 PM »
When I sell shiz it's first to commit, poor Baker needs more cars anyways. The inventory is dwindling!
'69 VW Squareback (ratty daily)

I'm a full-time student and part-time writer. Visit my blog to see some of my work.
http://bylaneanderson.blogspot.com/

Offline fukenbroken

• Chris McIntyre
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 02:33:41 PM »
I think if Geoff is replying to your add, hes pretty committed I dont think he's just out to collect pics lol_hitting
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:35:25 PM by fukenbroken »

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »
In order to have a valid contract, three elements are required.

First, there must be an offer.

Second, there must be an acceptance of that offer.

Third element of a contract is consideration. Usually, consideration is in the form of money, but the law books also define consideration as something of value other than dollars.

To be very frank asking for pictures or being first to reply about something does not meet any of three mentioned above. Posting an offer to buy in the thread may meet one of the three above. The seller had provided an e-mail address to respond to. I don't know if Shane also sent him an e-mail and provided a way for the seller to contact him. I am only posting this to try and be helpful, because internet sales are quite often dog-eat-dog. Always make it easy for the seller to get a hold of you. As a seller (I hate selling stuff over the internet) You always get e-mails from people asking for pictures or more pictures, and once you provide pictures you're lucky to hear back from half of them. As a seller if I get numerous e-mails about something I will look at commitment to buy first.  

I have only met two of the above (although I have an agreement with the seller with regards to the third - I still have to accept the fact that until there is a form of consideration the seller is still able to change his mind).

These are universally held principles. Why do some of you feel that they don't apply here?

I'll admit that there is a dilemna for me because I know these guys and consider them friends, but not knowing who had made what arrangements with the seller, I asked if it was still available. The seller obviously didn't feel he had a contract with anybody as of yet. I offered to buy the vehicle at his asking price. The seller accepted my offer, and we discussed an arrangement for consideration.

If I did not know the other parties involved there would be no dilemna for me whatsoever. None!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:27:47 PM by vwboop »

Offline 70's Looker

• More than a 70's Hooker!
  • what's this for?
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
geoff should buy it cause hes geoff, and he looks great and has an amazing beard and he built the heb rod and he is knowen around the world and hes a very nice person to talk to

can i get a break on the $$ for my next purchase from ya?
 :stupid: ;) :'( :D stfu ;D >:( :( :o iagree 8) wtf ??? lol_hitting ::) :P :-[ signspamani :-X :-\ :-* You_Rock_Emoticon :O0: :evil1: :cool: :blink: :wub: :huh: PDT_Armataz_01_37

i sure hope one of those is right!

chris maybe you should change your username and real name and maybe shave and wear a disco wig, then no one will know its you buying stuff and we can all get back to the funny shananagins that take place here on the airspeed forums

now thats my un needed american 2dollar bill for yas all to digest!  :P
Zündfolge Car Club

CHEECH

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 05:56:22 PM »
 :stupid: iagree stfu and mosy important  :beer:

Offline OUTKAST

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:41 PM »
 :o   Wowzer I say selllers issue not buyers He took the cash and made the deal the buyer was there and had the opportunity to purchase   iagree

Now lets all be friends and anyways TYPE 2 's suck and are the lamest VW ever  lol_hitting

Just my 2 cents

Offline 85fastlane

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

Now lets all be friends and anyways TYPE 2 's suck and are the lamest VW ever  lol_hitting

Agreed, it's all about the Type 3s!!!  :rockon:
'69 VW Squareback (ratty daily)

I'm a full-time student and part-time writer. Visit my blog to see some of my work.
http://bylaneanderson.blogspot.com/

Offline piercedvw

• aka Karmann Ghia
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
You guys are soo cute  :wub:

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
ya i got it! all of you can pound sand now

Offline Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »
doesn't sound like any of the buyers did anything wrong here.  It seems that you have a seller who doesn't stick to his word when a deal is made.  He should of told the next buyers in a row that a deal was pending.  The fact he is not posting here confirms he doesn't mind you guys fighting amongst yourselves and not with him.  If I was the offended buyer I would post who the seller is and post that the person cannot be trusted by a verbal deal.  Seems more than one of you had a verbal deal of some sort and all lost out for one reason or another.  Sellers that act like this should not be welcome amongst a small local community.

Offline 63vert

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »
Not to worry Alp, due to the amount of bs the sale of my DC has caused with a bunch of guys that made deals with themselves and not the guy who is actually selling something, i doubt I will be back on here.  Money talks.  Too many times i've had guys say they'll buy something and then back out.  I don't have time for anymore.  Posting on a web site is not an offer. You phone someone if you want something, offer them money and if they accept it you have a deal.  Chris was the only one to do this.  End of story.

Enjoy your new crew cab Chris.