Author Topic: Can't Open Front Hood  (Read 1254 times)

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Can't Open Front Hood
« on: November 04, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »
I may have posted this wrongly in another part of the site, but this is probably where it should have gone? In trying to open the front hood of my new 68, and can't! Tried pulling or pushing the arm in the glove box, but without success. I can push the button on the handle up front, but with no luck. Had a look in the small gap and can see the button releasing the latch, but I guess the cable from the lever isn't pulling it tight enough. I remember a metal arm and lever on my old 69 but this is a plastic unit. Don't know if it's a 68 only, or an aftermarket replacement. ANy ideas?
thanks
Brian  :huh:  
brian waz

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Can't Open Front Hood
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 09:02:24 AM »

I had that problem a while ago on my 64. I got my young lady to pull on the cable as I pushed and pulled on the hood. Eventually, I managed to open it.  Try it.

Emilio :wub:  

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Can't Open Front Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 10:05:39 AM »
I've tried pushing and pulling, the glove box itself has a hole in it from a previous stereo or something, so I might just cut a hole in it and pull the cable by hand if I can't get any further. Thanks for the advice!
Brian
brian waz

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Can't Open Front Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 10:37:54 PM »
I ended up having to cut the smaller hole into a larger hole (where the 8 track stereo might have been) and pull on the cable harder. It was loose under the hood and didn't have enough tension to pull it all the way... open now!
thanks
Brian
brian waz