Author Topic: Kafer Kraft Christmas Lights Cruise Wed Dec 22, 04  (Read 17041 times)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Kafer Kraft Christmas Lights Cruise Wed Dec 22, 04
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2004, 10:39:34 AM »
Can't we all just Get along.....
This is why 76 is not part of the DGLVK...  ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Aircooled Angel

• http://www.kaferkraft.ca
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2004, 11:09:31 AM »
As the planner of this event and one of the founding members of the board www.kaferkraft.ca I feel I must speak up. This is one of the worst turnouts for a cruise I have ever seen. And like the interest in our board, the interest in our events is also dwindling. Long gone are the days of 40+ cars showing up for one of our cruises, be it June or December and my career as a cruise planner is now finished. So I will admit I was dissapointed with the two cars dissapearing and the handling of the situation, I think I am more dissapointed with the turnout and general lack of interest for our events. This is not an attack at anyone, but more a dissapointing realization. I no longer have the energy to try and bring Kaferkraft back to life. I am so sick of the politics that go on when you get people together in these situations.

However as dissapointed as I am, I will say this, there are two people who have come to every event I have planned, and they are Geoff and Shane. Geoff even took the time to help spread the word about my first cruise ever when he didn't even know who I was. I think the comments about Geoff's support in the aircooled community are incredibly insulting. And while he does run a business, I think numerous times he has stepped outside of the business role to help people. For example I was cleaning through Mike's parts the other day and I stumbled on some carb linkage and I noticed on the back there was a phone number and an offer to help if needed from Geoff. This was not the airspeed phone number so I can only assume this is Geoff's home number- what business guy gives out his home phone number to someone he doesn't know?

So in closing while I wished there was a wave, or some sort of acknowledgement from the parties that left I am not going to "hate" anyone becuase they left.

I dont think there needs to be any further discussion on this event. And I will continue to make my trek over from my little island for all the aircooled events be it DGLVK or DVKK.

If anyone wants to further consult with me you can pm me but i truly hope that this drama is finished and we can move on. Life is far to short to hold a grudge about something so petty.

Happy Holidays and the best in the new year.

65 Bahama Blue Beetle DAILY DRIVING TILL OCTOBER!

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2004, 12:35:09 PM »
Thanks Shan,
Airspeed and I always try to support KK cruises and events and others no matter how anyone wants to see it.

Thanks Kirin for the PM.

Merry Christmas!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »
Well Said Shan,
I think it is sad that you are giving up up the KK cruises, I truly know how you feel when you put so much out into planning an event, As a new person to the VW scene, Joining  the DGLVK, with a DVKK car, I understand what you are going through. The only thing I can say about this cruise wasmaybe it was a little too close to X-mas, I know your schedule is very busy living on the Island . However I hope this note kinda makes you want to stay in the KK scene. The more clubs we have for the different kinds of people (VW wants and needs) the better it is for the community. All I can say is that if you plan another event I will  make sure the DGLVK lmnop (as some people call it...) Comes out to suppport you. with our cars or not.... Just so you know, I was fully coming out to your event, I even had Amanda pick up a $60 Bus emblem to put on my Ford pu. Now I have a $60 bus emblem on my Garage table as I could not make it. ( was busy craning a modular daycare into place in New West.)

I believe every club has a purpose here and I would hate to see any club disappear... :wub:

Lets just keep on keeping on..
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Geoff

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2004, 02:01:57 PM »
Pointblank,  :D Now you just need the bus to put it on.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2004, 02:34:19 PM »
Yeah , Ha ha ...... Funny Funny....
Double Cab dood get it right

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Geoff

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2004, 03:15:02 PM »
Dbl cab still falls into the bus family but I get your point.
Have you looked at any of the ones Ross has?

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2004, 07:12:55 PM »
no I have not...maybe soon I think

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2004, 06:44:10 AM »
well merry x-mas
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline Needles

• http://
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2004, 11:43:22 PM »
I even had Amanda pick up a $60 Bus emblem to put on my Ford pu. Now I have a $60 bus emblem on my Garage table as I could not make it.

I
THREAD HYJACK!!!!

I'll giveya $30.00 for that emblem....it has to be the large one (not that sucky small late bus one :P )