Author Topic: Update #10  (Read 7473 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Update #10
« on: November 17, 2004, 10:33:08 AM »
The past week I have had a few nights to work on the car, mostly the heater channel area and rear 1/4.

Here is a shot of the Eng compartment. I used a firewall section from another car and instaled it upside down. This worked very well and with some fussing all the ribs line up.

The stock heb rear hood hinge looked to be a problem. The orig used something close to a front hood hinge, this created a problem if I run dual carbs. This made me look at other cars and what they have, Turns out a Toyota pickup has just what I need. These are very compact pocket hinge type and work well.

Here you can see the hinges in place with the firewall. This is just a test fit there is still a lot of work needed in the rear area.

started work on the running board delete, since I'm not running fenders I needed to fill in the panel below the door where the running board once sat. This took some time to get correct, the door has a slight arc to as you can see in this pic the panel needed the same arc.

Here is a more complete shot of the body with the heater channels filled.

The car is now a jig saw puzzel of pannels, this is a better shot of the 1/4 all filled in.

The rear 1/4 top of the door needed some work. Once I welded in the cap on the end it left the rest open. Here I started off by filling in the top with a small pannel.

here I have added a radius to the filler, next a large inner pannel was made.

Here is a shot of the inner area that I have just started to work on.

I also started work on the inner air box for the crotch coolers.
Looks like I'll be able to get the pass side 1/4 done tonite as well as the air boxes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:14:12 AM by Gkafer »