Author Topic: Need Oppinions On Turbo Selection.  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Boost_Retard

Need Oppinions On Turbo Selection.
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:38:44 AM »
First post in the engine tech forum!

if you happend to come accross my post in the memebers VWs forum..you would see that i have started a new motor..

i have 98% of the parts purchased or at least selected for this engine..almost everything but the turbo itself.

im looking for out right HP with this motor..and need a \"larger\" turbo than the S2A that im running on my 2007.

after looking around on the net..i have come up with a few options that could work well..

First would be a T-66 im not exactly sure of Trim sizes..or A/R ratios..as im not really certain on how to make an exact calculation given my motors specs..and the desired HP output im looking for.

another turbo im looking at is the GT30 Ball bearing turbo..this is more what im looking at..as i want to try running a ball bearing turbo..

i need something that will support 450-500HP on my motor.. and still have some bottom end responce.

if anyone could teach me how to calculate whats required to choose all the different variables in turbo selection..it would help me out a great deal..i have tons of books..and they all have helped..but i want to get it right..the first time..

basicly..if we have any turbo guru guys reading this..please say hello! and if i could borrow a half hour of your time.. let me know..it would help me out a great deal.

thanx
Cale