Author Topic: 1969bus  (Read 1155 times)

Offline B Easy

• http://
1969bus
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:58:32 PM »
hey guys... i recently put in a 75 amp alternator in my new 1776 motor with dual webbers... when i put the new alternator in and everythin together.. it ran fine but not much later it started making a tinging/clicking noise... then a while later when you rev it up and let go of the gas .. when the rev is commin back down i heard a grinding noice... scared the shit outa me cause i thought it was something else.. but i took off my belt and started it.. not for long cause i know its not very good for yor motor and it cant cool. but for a couple seconds... and there were no noises.. even when i reved it up.. so i know for sure its either maybe rubbing on the shroud, bent fan (doesnt look bent) or somethings loose.. but i have taken it all apart and tightened everything up.. has this happened to anybody else.. or what do yo think i should do to fix it... ive gt the alternator and fan ripped out righ tnow..  so if anyone has any information or ideas on what i should check ... or change... maybe get a new fan.. and shroud and see what the does.. im just lacking on the money situation righ tnow.. but thanks a lot .. lookin forward to hearing wht you have to say!
Brian

Offline dannyboy

1969bus
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 03:33:10 PM »
the fan is rubbing on the shroud, if you take your fan off the alternator, there will be marks where the alternator is rubbing, you can shim the fan front to back to space it out from rubbing.... i think you can use gen/alt belt shims too

Offline B Easy

• http://
1969bus
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 05:35:05 PM »

what do you mean shim the fan? sorry dude i havent done any work other then put it together so im a little slow :P... thanks alot dude!
Brian :rockon: