Author Topic: OK, I'm new to this Help! Whats the deal with the BUS WINDOWS?????  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Das Bus

• AirSpeed Forum Member
I have a 67 Kombi and im going to paint it so im goingt o pull out the side windows. I have just plain seal windows except for the back two are pop outs yet they still don't have a metal frame why would that be?. Now my question is some buses i have seen have not just rubber but metal frames, Are those all pop out windows or can you put metal frames on those windows that are fixed? if so can i still use my glass? i like the metal look but i can afford to switch them all out to pop outs as much as id like. Cans some one explain the way the widow options work. and if they will work for mine.as well as if i can use my glass and ,etal frames what seals do i buy and where do i find the frames?
thanks so much!
Das Bus
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:41:22 PM by Das Bus »
Thanks
      Das Bus.

Offline josh

Re: OK, I'm new to this Help! Whats the deal with the BUS WINDOWS?????
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »
You can put full popouts in all the rear window openings, it was an option. The glass is a little smaller so no yours will not work. I have a pile of extra frames if you need
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline Das Bus

• AirSpeed Forum Member
Re: OK, I'm new to this Help! Whats the deal with the BUS WINDOWS?????
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »
oh ok thanks bud i dont think its in the budget right now to redo all glass and frames. i guess its black seals for now. Bummer
thanks Das Bus
Thanks
      Das Bus.