Author Topic: Info on shipping a car  (Read 994 times)

Offline mizovalgrl

Info on shipping a car
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
I might require a car to be shipped from New York to Vancouver. Has anyone here used a Co. if so  What would be the approx cost? Thank's for any information

Offline supercleansoda

• Super Clean soda and media blasting
Re: Info on shipping a car
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
be very careful of shipping companies (like dependable auto shippers DAS) they do a cheap rate because they farm it out to independent trucks. you never know what kind of meth head working for nothing is going to haul your car and what there going to do with it. it could sit for a week or two at their "holding compound" which could be a open feild.  cut rate may kick you in the butt later on.

i have shipped with horseless carriage. they arent the cheapest but i wouldnt even look elsewhere for a quote. professional, on time, your car never sits outside and they dont farm out work.  they haul for ferrari and lambo in the US.

that being said... most shippers will not cross the border with your car because of the paperwork and their insuance. you can do it easily yourself if you get it dropped in sumas.  just remember that the US border patrol needs 72 hrs notice when your importing.   you cant just drive it across.  

$1600 from sumas to florida.

Offline Jord63

• Jordan Woodley
  • 20years with the same car and it never gets boring
Re: Info on shipping a car
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
At my old job, we used Horseless Carriage lots of times. They were awesome to deal with, very profesional drivers. That was over ten years ago though. Like supercleansoda said, they dont cross the boarder.