Author Topic: check out my work  (Read 2289 times)

Offline supercleansoda

• Super Clean soda and media blasting
check out my work
« on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
media blasted a oval for a member here last week and thought I would post a couple pics. hopefully he can chime in with feedback.   
 Blasted complete body. pretty clean machine.  this blast job was under $700 with tax.  pictures are "almost done" stage. I spend 2 more hrs after these pics getting it as perfect as I could.
my facebook has some pictures as well as other jobs.  Check it out and like the page if you want to see updates.  https://www.facebook.com/SuperCleanmediablasting

always happy to give a discount for airspeed members too.

Offline getgeoff

• Geoff
Re: check out my work
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 10:28:11 AM »
That looks great. Are you the one up in Sicamous. You did my pan a few years back and I need you to do another for me. But I don't want you to use soda this time. Are you able to you a plastic media or something similar. I ask because I don't want to have to treat the metal after wards in order for the paint to stick
60 11 Window bus Lt grey
55 Wolfsburg Kombi doveblue 
55 Beetle ultra maroon

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »
That's him and Chris can use all sorts of different media
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline rustybug61

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »
Wow. Looks great

Offline supercleansoda

• Super Clean soda and media blasting
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »
Geoff,  salmon arm actually. 
We did you pan with glass not soda. soda doesn't take off rust.  As the quality of medias improve we use soda less and less. just too expensive for the customer on most stuff.   In the automotive world it seems were only using soda on engines now.  we have other uses for it outside of car stuff though. any of the glass leaves it ready to primer right away with no prep

currently were using  Soda, Walnut (60 grit), glass (20-50 grit , 30-60 grit , 50-100 grit, 100-200 grit and 300 grit) aluminum oxide, red garnet (80 grit) and a couple new ones hopefully next year if we can get a reasonable shipper.