Author Topic: Bc Vehicle Insurance  (Read 1990 times)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Bc Vehicle Insurance
« on: August 19, 2003, 05:16:54 PM »
today a friend of mine was over at the shop ,she works for everyones favourite company,icbc.and i began talking about ways too avoid aircare as well as special insurance-bottom line is antique is 35 years and older,collecters is 25 years and older and you have to hit aircare [and pass idle test once] and be completely stock.or have a car prior to 1949 the you can get street rod insurance which is like a collector plate with a modified vehicle-so as a modified vw owner you still have too hit aircare,we talked a bit more ,and if you due insure your car in a area that has no aircare ,[it could be trouble if the worst happens,]while driving in a area that you are not regersterd in.she says the first thing too due is get a form mv1437 and pay your premiums on a declared value ,you have too send it in with a list of all mods and prices.it may cost a bit more but help in the long run,but you still must hit aircare-
---so it was also mentioned that many car clubs are approching the manager of special vehicles[nigel matthews] with letters and invites to meetings in a attempt to help get some kind of modified use / street rod insurance going-
maybe it may help if the dvkk , a well esablished vw club ,could work/discuss the possibility of putting  a letter together ,
what do you think????
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 08:09:28 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Russ

Bc Vehicle Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 09:51:19 PM »
i did not beat aircare but i hate paying it.
i passed insured the car for 9 months when 9 months is up i still have valid aircare i then insure it for a full year.21 months on one aircare pass.
just a note of caution if you intend to sell the car that person will have to pass aircare if it is run out after the first year.

Offline Bruce

Bc Vehicle Insurance
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 12:50:44 PM »
I looked into declared value insurance a couple of years ago and was told only motorhomes could get it.  Has something changed?
The biggest problem with special registration like the street rod insurance is that you can't drive your car anymore.  Want to take it to work?  No chance.  With the collector car insurance you would think you would be seeing more cool cars driving around, but from what I see, they are all gone.  Stuck in garages 'cause you can't drive them to work.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Bc Vehicle Insurance
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 01:27:07 PM »
yes you can get declared value insurance , i have the forms at home [cant remember # off top of head , but will post it]-this is what too reliable people have told me too do -need photos/bills/etc quite simple-

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Island bugs

Bc Vehicle Insurance
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
There are rumours floating around about some sort of transferable plate which would allow you to use one plate on more than one car. Obviously you can only drive one car at a time so it would seem like a FAIR idea. wayne