Author Topic: May 17 2005  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
May 17 2005
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:01:43 AM »
Over the last week I have been busy with a lot of little things. I only took a few pics as most was small stuff but here is a little that has been going on.

I had to order a $new$ linkage kit for the Webers, I called up Motor Miester (Porsche Parts) and a few days later my new linkage was here. It fit great, has nice quality ball ends and was a snap to instal.

Here is a shot of what comes in the kit.

With the linkage in hand it was now time to instal the manifolds, carbs, linkage, new oil sender and the other small parts. It took a little messing to get all the linkage set up but it works very smooth and fits well.
Next was the clutch....
It's a little different than a beetle set up and this was my first time doing a Porsche clutch so I took the time to look on the web and see what info I could find. I had the manual but it turned out that the site I found had great step by step info and pics. The pics came in handy when it was time to instal the throw out bearing. Unlike the beetle the Porsche T/O bearing is attached to the preasure plate.
Here is the site, www.pelicanparts.com

These are some of the pic's from their clutch instal tech article.

Next was the disc.

Then the instal of the T/O bearing..

Then a few more rings and a clip but I'll spare ya all the pics...
Done, T/O instaled

Once all this is done you now need to slip the ring gear over the PP and instal onto the flywheel with the allen bolts. Here is one more with it all instaled.

If you ever need to do a clutch on a 911 or want to see the entire jobe see below.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ch_replace1.htm

Ok so all that was done and fresh powder coated side tin added, once again Russ from Francis Andrew Site Furnishings came thru ( Russ also powdercoated the eng brace and  swaybars shown below) If you need something powdercoated right see Russ 604-888-3712

Next came bolting the trans and eng together. This was a pain in the ass, If the trans was in the car it would have been easier. We did this on the ground (Mike,Danny and myself) The tricky part is getting the T/O fork to engage the bearing as you slide the two together. This took a few atempts and a lot of this #*!^ Damn ***^#@ Mother +*^#@! ]:(
Ok a few minutes later all was good and it was back in the bus.

Here you can see it's all coming together. I also changed over to the early 911 heater outlets as before it had a electric fan to feed the heaterboxes, I like the look of the beetle type fresh air vents.

Oil tank needed a new level sender and some new mounts then into place!

A quick polish of the fan and coil then it was time to wire them including the volt reg. The coil has the old wires still atached but will be changed.

Rear swaybar was next, I upgraded to urethane bushings and end links. This bread box will need all the help in the corners it can get.

Here you can see the custom bowden tube that was made, I hooked up the cable and I was amazed that it worked just fine :rockon:

There has been a bunch of other small things done but I'll skip that and stick to the more interesting stuff.

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 10:03:32 AM by Gkafer »