Author Topic: Any Local Guys Build/sell Rails?  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Boost_Retard

Any Local Guys Build/sell Rails?
« on: October 02, 2005, 11:36:24 PM »
does anyone know of shops that build race type rails/frames?
i met a guy once at the GCVW but have lost his card...

dont really want to buy one from the USA..local (anywhere from vancouver to hope) would be sweet.

any links or webpages or numbers would help!

thanks
Cale

Offline Hillbilly

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 07:28:47 AM »
There is a guy in,I thnk Port Moody that does race cars. The guys name is Bob Davenport of Davenport industries . I was thinking of him the other day ( for roll bars).
He does real nice work......real  :wub: real nice stuff. does mostly funny car and dragster cages and the like. Hope this helps..........Bill.
If any won of yew can tell me how to ewes spell cheque please let me no.....:o)

Russ

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 09:13:01 AM »
i'm pretty sure bob moved to merrit

Russ

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 09:14:06 AM »
i'm pretty sure bob moved to merrit

Offline Boost_Retard

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »
i have talked to those davenport guys before..i could give them a shout..but im more looking for someone who has built..or builds rails..maybe those guys have..

i will keep on looking

thanks
Cale

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 06:33:01 PM »
GRK here on the forums i think does...  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 07:50:05 PM »
i have talked to those davenport guys before..i could give them a shout..but im more looking for someone who has built..or builds rails..maybe those guys have..

i will keep on looking

thanks
Cale
Cale, GRK does not build rails. The guy you are talking about is Chris from UPM His number is 514-0285
He is also called UPM1 on here. His stuff is top notch, He builds long travel and Race buggies, He owns both.
He is also the Canadian dealer for Fox shox.

That being said , I am selling my Pinto powered rail with 4 mikinu side draft carbs, I GPS'ed it on the sand at 97MPH pretty fast for a rail. It is mid engine with a Terry Hodgsen tranny, Corbeau seats, Fox racing shox on all four corners, Paddle tires, Razor back fronts, CNC pedals, disc brakes, Hydrulic clutch, aluminum wheels, steering brake,Most of the work was done by UPM,  I want $11,000.00 I have about $15,000 into it,

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 08:07:49 PM »
The guy you are talking about is Chris from UPM His number is 514-0285
He is also called UPM1 on here. His stuff is top notch, He builds long travel and Race buggies, He owns both.

That being said , I am selling my Pinto powered rail with 4 mikinu side draft carbs, I GPS'ed it on the sand at 97MPH pretty fast for a rail. It is mid engine with a Terry Hodgsen tranny, Corbeau seats, Fox racing shox on all four corners, Paddle tires, Razor back fronts, CNC pedals, disc brakes, Hydrulic clutch, aluminum wheels, steering brake,Most of the work was done by UPM,  I want $11,000.00 I have about $15,000 into it,
Rail for sale DC for sale WTF ! I  heard you were just talking about going Spring Break ?

I agree with Pointblank UPM builds some wicked rails!!!!!!! :rockon:  

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 08:11:38 PM »
UPM GRK DOA - I can't keep up!!!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 08:15:35 PM »

That being said , I am selling my Pinto powered rail with 4 mikinu side draft carbs, I GPS'ed it on the sand at 97MPH pretty fast for a rail. It is mid engine with a Terry Hodgsen tranny, Corbeau seats, Fox racing shox on all four corners, Paddle tires, Razor back fronts, CNC pedals, disc brakes, Hydrulic clutch, aluminum wheels, steering brake,Most of the work was done by UPM,  I want $11,000.00 I have about $15,000 into it,
Rail for sale DC for sale WTF ! I  heard you were just talking about going Spring Break ?

I agree with Pointblank UPM builds some wicked rails!!!!!!! :rockon:
Just heading in a different direction....

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 08:21:02 PM »

That being said , I am selling my Pinto powered rail with 4 mikinu side draft carbs, I GPS'ed it on the sand at 97MPH pretty fast for a rail. It is mid engine with a Terry Hodgsen tranny, Corbeau seats, Fox racing shox on all four corners, Paddle tires, Razor back fronts, CNC pedals, disc brakes, Hydrulic clutch, aluminum wheels, steering brake,Most of the work was done by UPM,

Offline Boost_Retard

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 07:23:28 PM »
Me ,my brother Cory, and bugsmell made a trip out to UPM1s house last night..hung around for a good while..got the low down on all the rail stuff...my brother bought a pocket bike off him

he is the guy to talk 2, but i dont want to buy a pre built car..and really..even though i know pre built is the cheaper route to go..i wanna do my own..or at least pick and choose what goes into it and have a real rail builder do the frame..

it sounds like he can turn the baja into what i want it to be..i wish i had the right tools...but i dont..so i need to have someone do it 4 me..

really though i want a rail frame, race preped rail frame..and it looks like the only way i can get that is to have one built from scratch to work with all my parts..

then spend 6 grand on shocks :)

Cale

Offline ScreamnStroker

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 08:14:46 PM »
Me ,my brother Cory, and bugsmell made a trip out to UPM1s house last night..hung around for a good while..got the low down on all the rail stuff...my brother bought a pocket bike off him

he is the guy to talk 2, but i dont want to buy a pre built car..and really..even though i know pre built is the cheaper route to go..i wanna do my own..or at least pick and choose what goes into it and have a real rail builder do the frame..

it sounds like he can turn the baja into what i want it to be..i wish i had the right tools...but i dont..so i need to have someone do it 4 me..

really though i want a rail frame, race preped rail frame..and it looks like the only way i can get that is to have one built from scratch to work with all my parts..

then spend 6 grand on shocks :)

Cale
Yes, Chris (UPM) is the man :rockon:  

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 06:58:53 PM »
UPM......Does he have a bender for thick wall pipe ?  Would like to find some one with a pipe bender for 1 1/2 inch pipe
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:45:03 PM by Hillbilly »
If any won of yew can tell me how to ewes spell cheque please let me no.....:o)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »
Yes he does
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph