Author Topic: Wierd brake issue  (Read 2577 times)

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

Wierd brake issue
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »
Well my car was pulling to the right side pretty hard lately, so I had the brakes bled and adjusted. Well that didn't fix anything. I figured that maybe the left front side wheel cylinder wasn't doing its job properly so I replaced it with a new one. Again I bled the brakes and got everything adjusted. So that made it  a lot better. Today I drove out to langley and my car started pulling really hard to the left this time. I carefully drove it home checked all the adjustments and all is good. I even backed off the front left brakes shoes all the way and it still pulls hard to the left..... What could be the problem??? Im confused and really annoyed!

Tom

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Re: Wierd brake issue
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:34:02 PM »
How old are the flexible brake hoses?
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:16 PM »
not sure, they look decent.... I actually just thought of something that might be the problem, I'm gonna go take a look here.

Offline super90kyote

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
So first it pulls hard right when the brakes are applied then you adjust and bleed and now it pulls hard left. Air in the system will cause a spongy peddle I've never had a pulling problem because of air in the system. When you release the pressure from the brake pedal does the pulling go away or does the car continue to pull. If the car is still pulling after the pressure is removed from the peddle then you have either brake shoes hanging up or the brake fluid isn't goig back to the master. Jack it up and have someone stand on the brakes and release if the wheel turns freely when released the fluid is going back.
How is your peddle travel, I think it is most likley an adjustment problem but wierder things have happened.
My two cents. 

Offline Chris

• Car.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
I have always been one to prescribe to the method of what you do to one side you do to the other, replace a caliper, rotor, pads whatever, keeps things balanced. Just a thought....

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
Alright I got it solved :)   I was thinking back about when I replaced the wheel cylinder and i remember somethigng I wasn't to sure about, and that was "which hole does this spring go into" I accidently put the brake shoe return spring in a lower hole then it was supposed to go into. The spring popped right out leaving my brakes dragging. So I streched it back into the proper hole and put it all back together. Now my brakes are like new!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, It was just a stupid mistake.

hehe

Tom