Author Topic: ferry fare paid for  (Read 3780 times)

Offline JimZ

ferry fare paid for
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:53:34 PM »
jim from gibsons  im getting ready for my big move from gibsons to sechelt where i will have a 750 square foot shop to display all my vw parts to take photos but before i get to that im offering to pay for and pickup 2 people at langdale and show them all my stuff and drive them back to langdale  for the ferry anyone interested now this is a great offer so if you respond please be gentle  :cool: :D 
76 Bus  VW Trike  67 Bug   FS 72 Bug Project

Offline DarrenE

Re: ferry fare paid for
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
Now this is a great offer so if you respond please be gentle  :cool: :D  
 Jim, that's creepy, and I'm afraid I may not make it back to the mainland. :angel: chainsaw violent-smiley-007 action-smiley-060 :evil1: wtf lol_hitting  I'm kidding btw!  How about holding the next swap at Jim's?? ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:17:23 PM by DarrenE »
Kootenay Volkswagen Society

Offline mizovalgrl

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
Now this is a great offer so if you respond please be gentle  :cool: :D  
 Jim, that's creepy, and I'm afraid I may not make it back to the mainland. :angel: chainsaw violent-smiley-007 action-smiley-060 :evil1: wtf lol_hitting
Why don't you mail someone the pic's of your part's and car's.  They could post them for you...I have the same trouble with my horses.Customer's want them close by....I understand your problem.....I think what the misunderstanding is your being very helpful. If I can help I would. Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:36:52 PM by mizovalgrl »

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 04:20:21 PM »
Jim, if you take some photos, you know, worth a thousand words.... I'll help you post them so people can see what you have. Personally, free ferry or not it's the time involved to do it... It would be good to see what you might have, to convince people it's worth it to come over!
Brian Waz
brian waz

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »
Ferry cost $ (what is it five grand now?)

Disposable camera like 15 bucks?

But yer own camera $200 bucks

Cost less than a ferry.

Hey jim I know it sucks sometimes to sell stuff, buy you need to put a little more effort into a couple of parts you have, everyone has gone to look a garage fulls and there is nothing but generators and 30 year old cylinderheads in salt water, its not worth it unless you say have it all for 200 bucks ect.

if you have a few picts of parts layed out like go for 10 lay out parts on a spread and get lots of items for your not just showing one two or three items put in like 20 10 or 5 ect.  post a bunch of those and you should start getting interest in items, you have some decent stuff, you sold those empi sprintsters with orig centercaps hard to find.(just the centercaps)
you have some good 1800 bus twin carbs you sold and some other decent items at the swap.

if you have good heaterboxes they are hard to find, engine blocks (any engine codes) trannys (tranny codes)

In order to sell parts it takes a little bit of time with a camera and a little research on the samba and yer good.
Even I don't have every item up, but i have a little knowlege of parts that get me thru, Look at the samba (knock every price in half) and that is the canadian market.
Hope this helps Cheers.
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
Great advice Steveo, you pretty much nailed it. Parts in the us go for more and pics are with a thousand words. I've been selling parts since 1988 and the bigest jump in sales came when I bought my first digital camera. It's worth twice what you pay for it as your sales jump right away.

Good luck

Offline Bruce

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:43:37 PM »
Agreed.  I recall one topic on The Samba where everyone agreed they would never buy anything without a pic.  The assumption is, without a pic, you don't even have the part, and you're trying to scam.

Offline JimZ

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 06:28:50 AM »
hey bruce that comment way out of line your implying i may not even have what i advertise you dont even know me  if your doubting me why dont you hop on the ferry come see for your self then you will see im no scammer
76 Bus  VW Trike  67 Bug   FS 72 Bug Project

Offline Bubba

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:05:51 AM »
Bruce is right, plus he is not making any judgments of you...he is merely spouting the attitude on The Samba towards those that don't post pics.  Nobody is doubting you.  They are merely offering suggestions on how you would make it easier to part with your wares.  Some of us are lazy bastids, and too cheap to pay for a ferry just to see boxes full of parts.  But hey, if you brought them to me, I might just be able to loosen a twenty or so outta my pocket.

Just my 0.02.
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 08:38:39 AM »
..., plus he is not making any judgments of you.......
Correct. 
To clarify, the assumption on the Samba is that if you don't post pics, you don't have the parts.
I know you're not trying to scam anyone.  For one, a scammer wouldn't invest the amount of time you have on these forums trying to move your parts.