Author Topic: What Is A Stroker?  (Read 1137 times)

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
What Is A Stroker?
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:49:04 PM »

When you changed from a 69mm to a 78mm or 82mm crankshaft is that measurement(mm) the distance between the center of the crank and the center of the rods? If you did change that would mean that your rods have to be shorter?  Do you need to get work done on the block?What about your pistons and cylinders?

Any ideas, where i find this information/

Thanks

Emilio

Offline btljuce

What Is A Stroker?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »
yes that is basically what happens. the term stroker is another way of saying you have done these mods ( lengthening the stroke of the crank) subsequently, you also are making the engine bigger in cubic inches , or cubic centimetres ( or cc's ) there is also a long rod version, where you use a longer rod,and a really short piston. this in turn will change where the engine makes power. then it can get really crazy,  you run into rod ratio's etc etc. you can change the characteristic of the engine by using shorter or longer rods. you will need to get work on the block depending on how crazy of a stroker you build. for example, a 2332 needs more clearancing,than a 1776 . i hope i didn't confuse you any more than you might be.  i hope this helps ^_^
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 06:52:02 PM by btljuce »

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi