Author Topic: Biggest Slick  (Read 2335 times)

Offline btljuce

Biggest Slick
« on: August 21, 2003, 10:12:40 PM »
hi guys, do you guys know what the biggest tire will fit in the stock fender of my 56 oval,which is on a 67 pan??? i have a 205/60/15 in there now.what size does jim run on his,or geoff what about yours?any help would be appreciated !

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Biggest Slick
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 09:46:28 AM »
Jim and i both run 26 x 7 x15 recapped slicks 7\" wide and 6 or 7 slicks. That is close to a 205-70-15
You will need to look at the offset of your wheel, type of drum, T1 or T3 long or short axle. This will make a difference as to the tire size that will fit.

Offline JSimmons

• http://
Biggest Slick
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 05:12:07 AM »
Hey Geoff,

Have you guys had any experience with those BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials?  I remember reading an article in Super Chevy or some other hot rod magazine that absolutely loved those tires for \"everyday\" drivability in addition to their performance at the strip.  I've never had slicks or anything near them on any of my cars, but I'm just guessing that any radial would be a better tire for a daily driver than a slick.  But...I guess we don't know if Btljuce's bug is a driver or not.

Just wondering.

B)

aloha,
Joel

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  ~Benjamin Franklin

Offline btljuce

Biggest Slick
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 07:56:15 PM »
the bug is a driver,but an under powered driver for now.i have used the bfg's on a 625 horse mustang,they work pretty good, burned off 2 tenths on one street pass.big daddy dwayne gutridge,has run 8.60's-8.80's on the radials as well.with bumper dragging wheelies.now i'm also sure that there has definatly been lots of suspension work but the numbers speek for themself!!! also wasn't dan flawless lawless running them on his ghia??? i believe 12's on them??

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi

Offline btljuce

Biggest Slick
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 08:14:02 PM »
sorry i goofed,it's mike lawless. i had a blonde moment,and i'm not even blonde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi