Author Topic: Turn Signal Flasher_63 Bug.  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Brent

• http://
Turn Signal Flasher_63 Bug.
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
Is there a special 12v. 3 prong turn signal flasher which has one post for a ground?

I have three wires.  12v Power- One from the turn signal switch- One from the signal indicator light on the speedo(the problem is this one is powered at the speedo and it needs to connect to a ground on the flasher).  

I bought a normal 3 prong and hooked it up. The signals work but not the dash light indicator. The third prong on the flasher is powered and it seems as though it needs to be intermittently grounded when flashing.

Can anyone offer some suggestions? :blink:

Thanks,
Brent    

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »
DO you have a wiring diagram???
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Brent

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 04:57:22 PM »
DO you have a wiring diagram???
yup , It looks like a bowl of spagetti to me...it shows the wire going to the signal flasher( can't tell if its power or ground)...I think this car was originally a 6v car???  I was chatting with Hans.  Hopefully, he can figure it out...

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »
It's a '63 Brent, of course it was a 6 volt car.  silly man.
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline beetleboy

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:01:05 AM »
heya brent...am haveing the same problem with my 63..I bought an inline 12v-6v...gonna install it and see what happens, i ll let you know